Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Dialogue
(07-Sep-2015, 20:58)extremewhiteshark Wrote: So Devialet called me up this morning following me emailing them for help over the weekend. They were great and we got it sorted. I connected the Dialogue to an Ethernet port in the lounge and placed the phantoms in the lounge too. The difference this time was I ran through the set up using Spark on my Mac desktop and not my iPhone. Reason Devialet suspect that the problem was caused by my iPhone Spark running in wifi and my Mac being on an Ethernet port would work better with the Dialogue also on an Ethernet port. It seems to have worked and both are connected and working now so very happy. Also the iPhone Spark App now does control the Phantoms too even though the phone is on wifi. It seems that for the setup both dialogue and the spark app had to both be on Ethernet connections
I am not a big techie so am not sure if this is good luck or had made a difference but glad it is all working now and very happy. Haven't connected my Toslink cable to the TV yet ! One step at a time

Thanks for the helpful posts

Thanks for the detailed feedback, extremewhiteshark. I'm sure this will help many avoid the initial frustrations, when people expect to get them going, quickly.

Are you planning on leaving them connected 24/7? Do you use power strips for them?

If you plan on disconnecting them when not in use, would love to get feedback on how it works out for you, when you plug them back in.

Thanks.
Ah now that's interesting because when I disconnected the power I did seem to lose the connections. Is Devialet saying we have to leave the speakers on standby and the Dialogue switched on ?

No idea what power strips are ??
(08-Sep-2015, 12:31)extremewhiteshark Wrote: Ah now that's interesting because when I disconnected the power I did seem to lose the connections. Is Devialet saying we have to leave the speakers on standby and the Dialogue switched on ?

No idea what power strips are ??

Well, you'll consume 20 Watts per Phantom if you leave them connected 24/7. There's no such thing as standby at the moment. The Dialog will consume 7 Watts, I think, when not in use. It's a router, so that's a different story, regarding standby.

I was just wondering if you have to re-do the whole setup, if you unplug them. I'm not talking about when you moved them from the 1st floor to the 2nd floor. I mean, now that you finally got them working...and then if you unplug them after use.

power strips:

https://www.google.com/search?q=power+st...8eCh2ETAhP

Thanks.
the system is now stable and after full power off comes back on fine, however you have to let the dialogue boot up with solid white light, then turn on phantoms and wait 30 sec

toslink cable also now connected to samsung smart tv and sounds amazing with two phantoms
pickd up the audio source right away without any more messing around with spark set up - it just recognised the input. very happy
I use the following remote controlled plugs (3 plugs + remote for 29 €).

http://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/...dio&xtcr=1

This works very well. No need to setup the system in Spark. After 30s one can play music. I have programmed all 3 plugs on button 1 of the remote. So by turning on the two Phantoms and Dialog at the same time works well with Spark 1.2 and latest fw and also worked before with Spark version 1.1.4 and previous fw. No need to turn Dialog on before the Phantoms. Power rating of 1500W is sufficient as the 3000W of the Phantoms is peak output and not constant power requirement. Even at full volume (100!) a Phantom takes up 300-400W not more.
At full pelt a phantom takes about 150w from the wall. 3000w is an imaginary figure.
All the sudden my system yesterday started to stutter. I wasn't even able to play mp3 withouth dropouts of channels etc. I already thought that Dialoge was broken. Luckily I checked my wireless router and found out that he automatically changed the wireless channel from 11 where it was before to 1.

Then I scanned for Wireless networks and found out that Dialogue built up his network using channel 2. So both networks using the same wireless range bandwidth was too low to use the Phantoms. I forced my router back to channel 11 and everything worked flawless again.

So if people are experiencing bad connections it simply may be due to the fact that Dialoge shares channel ranges with the main Wireless router.

I ordered some ethernet cables and will connect Phantoms and Dialog to the same switch using ethernet now. I bet that this way sound quality will increase.
Other streamer manufactureres like Auralic provide recommendations for setting up Wifi networks that their streamers work well even with Hires material. Devialet is quite new in this business with Dialog and Phantom and might think they can control any network situation. However we experience, some more, some less, problems. One of the recommendations is to fix the Wifi channel instead of leaving it on automatic on the wifi router. Since I did this I have no problems anymore with stuttering after the latest firmware update. So the observation of Chillin is exactly the same I made. Fix your wifi channel to one of the non-shared channels in the 2.4 gig network. These are channels 1, 6, 11 in b/g/n networks. See more details here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels
All useful replies! Thanks!
(07-Sep-2015, 20:58)extremewhiteshark Wrote: So Devialet called me up this morning following me emailing them for help over the weekend. They were great and we got it sorted. I connected the Dialogue to an Ethernet port in the lounge and placed the phantoms in the lounge too. The difference this time was I ran through the set up using Spark on my Mac desktop and not my iPhone. Reason Devialet suspect that the problem was caused by my iPhone Spark running in wifi and my Mac being on an Ethernet port would work better with the Dialogue also on an Ethernet port. It seems to have worked and both are connected and working now so very happy. Also the iPhone Spark App now does control the Phantoms too even though the phone is on wifi. It seems that for the setup both dialogue and the spark app had to both be on Ethernet connections
I am not a big techie so am not sure if this is good luck or had made a difference but glad it is all working now and very happy. Haven't connected my Toslink cable to the TV yet ! One step at a time

Thanks for the helpful posts

I have the same issue since my last update on my Unifi UBNT network.  Spark is not finding the dialog.  I tried to hardwiring my Mac to the network but it still didnt find the Dialog.  Any help would be appreciated.