Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz
I would like to know what equipments other than Mac/PC allow Qobuz streaming with good enough SQ for the Devialet ?
I'm starting the journey of digital music and I'm wondering what is the best approach to play Qobuz from the Internet and to play highres & ripped CDs with just 1 box....
The more I read, the more I'm lost.....
Will I need a streaming device plus a NAS, plus .... Or is there a magic box ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
If only for streaming online music like Qobuz or Tidal then you don't need a NAS. A streamer like Auralic Aeris can do the job.

However if you want to own and keep a copy of digital hires files then you either need a NAS + a streamer or a streamer with built in storage like Aurender X100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
A raspberry Pi running Max2Play does a fantastic job of running Qobuz and Logitec Media Server and all radio stations and all for about £80 - so it obviously will sound rubbish Blush Angel
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
The new Auralic Aries Mini announced at the Munich show at $399 looks very interesting. It Appears to have most of the functionality of the Aries including support for Qobuz but only costs 25% of the price. Still a lot more expensive than a Pi but probably a lot less hassle to set-up and maintain Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Thanks for your quick answers, will have a look at the Aries mini.
NickB, you're kidding about the SQ with a raspberry? How do you connect to the Devialet?
I think I need a NAS for my CDs, also we can't find all artists/records on Qobuz.
Actually, maybe I should not eliminate a PC....
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(14-May-2015, 18:58)Axel Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 18:32)thumb5 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 18:29)Axel Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 18:03)ZincAlloy Wrote: In case anyone is wondering why I've not commented, my D200 is still with Devialet, so I can only sit still and try and keep patient!  Can't wait to try this.  I'll be comparing it with my current main system, a Sonos Play 1, so I'm sure I'll be delighted. 

My D200 is in France being mended also.  Can't wait to try out these new goodies! It will blow the Sonos into the weeds as I'd does with my Sonos setup which includes a pair of play 5s in stereo configuration.

Me too -- quite a club forming!
Oh! How long has yours been over there? Mine went two days ago and I was told it would take two weeks max to get back to me.

Apologies for this being off topic! 

(15-May-2015, 07:14)ledesc Wrote: Thanks for your quick answers, will have a look at the Aries mini.
NickB, you're kidding about the SQ with a raspberry? How do you connect to the Devialet?
I think I need a NAS for my CDs, also we can't find all artists/records on Qobuz.
Actually, maybe I should not eliminate a PC....

Of course I am - it sounds fantastic, I was listening to London Grammar last night and with the new V8 software it is the best ever. I connect using either optical or coax. I run Logitec Media server and Squeezeplug on a Raspberry Pi 2 control with SqueezePad and have a 1TB SSD plugged in on USB.

I have all the BBC radio stations - BBC radio iPlayer - Radio Paradise and Quboz streaming services and it is a great all in one system. The whole lot is under the floor with the Sky box in my lounge so all you can see are my Magico's and the Dev 400 mounted on the wall behind them. Even has semi WAF factor.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
There is no information about the Aries Mini on the Auralic site...
Edit: information on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/auralic.ltd (no Aes/Ebu output)

- FR -
(15-May-2015, 09:17)ledesc Wrote: There is no information about the Aries Mini on the Auralic site...
Edit: information on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/auralic.ltd (no Aes/Ebu output)

Assuming the SQ of the Mini is close to the Aries (maybe a big assumption) then it looks like excellent value for money.  The lack of a display and remote are of little consequence as its possible to use the Lightning control app and there are USB, coax and Toslink outputs so plenty of choice. I guess it may be possible to add an external 3rd party linear P if thats an issue.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Someone had a chance to test this device : http://www.cocktailaudio.com/overview_x40.php it plays DSD, Qobuz... AES/EBU output and you can add an internal hdd

- FR -
(14-May-2015, 21:44)NickB Wrote: A raspberry Pi running Max2Play does a fantastic job of running Qobuz and Logitec Media Server and all radio stations and all for about £80 - so it obviously will sound rubbish Blush Angel

Not for me sadly, constant faint popping/clicking.

That said, it was into the Hugo and not the Dev. And popping and clicking came free with my D200, so I'm spoilt for choice.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<