Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz
I just realised tonight that I really like listening through the Qobuz ap via Air, more than iTunes.
Not sure if its doing any sound compression, or what i is, but it feels like a more energetic, enjoyable, foot-tapping sound somehow without being fatiguing.
Still with 7.1.1

I might go back and give Audirvana another try and check again how it compares, and cling on for that Qobuz integration and iOS remote….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

How do you do that? Via an AirPort expres connected to optical input?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
No, just select the air virtual driver in qobuz prefs, directly via ethernet

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hi Hifi_swlon,

Reading old posts I can see you are running audirvana or you have some experiences.
Here my issue:
In my intent to get the best music as I can, I am trying to read DSD file.
I bought Hi Res music on Quobuz but I am facing problem to read them with Audirvana and AIR.
I can use audirvana in Airplay, meaning the file can be read, but once I switch to Deviatet option in Audirvana preferences, the file doesn't play at all.
Any idea why ?

Did you experienced this issue in the past ?
(19-Oct-2015, 18:13)davslp Wrote: Hi Hifi_swlon,

Reading old posts I can see you are running audirvana or you have some experiences.
Here my issue:
In my intent to get the best music as I can, I am trying to read DSD file.
I bought Hi Res music on Quobuz but I am facing problem to read them with Audirvana and AIR.
I can use audirvana in Airplay, meaning the file can be read, but once I switch to Deviatet option in Audirvana preferences, the file doesn't play at all.
Any idea why ?

Did you experienced this issue in the past ?

Hi davslp, i replied very briefly to your duplicate post in the Audirvana thread (best to only post in one place at a time  Wink  )

I don't use Audirvana any more, I found it didn't play well with Devialet (air or direct), but moreover I don't like the interface and got bored waiting for the remote app.

Air and AirPlay are different things - are you using the Air ap? If so, from memory, most of the Audirvana advanced settings won't work and you'd be best turning them off. I don't use DSD, but I don't think Air supports it either.

Sorry, can't really help. Hopefully a current Audurvana user will be along.