Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two remotes and two Expert Pro problem
Hello!

I have an Devialet Expert Pro 250 that drives my front speakers.
Now I have added an additional Expert Pro 140 for my rear speakers (Quadraphonic setup).
The problem now is, that for example the remote of the 250 sometimes also controls the 140 which is not what I want.

Both Expert Pro and the remote controls have a distance of aprox. one metre.
The operation manual descibes, that to pair a remote with the amplifier one should bring the remote to close proximity to the amp and then press a button or operate the volume control.
So it could be the case that my amplifier repairs with the wrong remote because of the short distance.

Has someone experienced a similar problem? Is there a way to avoid this by some configuration setting?

Regards,
Thomas
(10-Jul-2019, 20:25)oelli Wrote: Hello!

I have an Devialet Expert Pro 250 that drives my front speakers.
Now I have added an additional Expert Pro 140 for my rear speakers (Quadraphonic setup).
The problem now is, that for example the remote of the 250 sometimes also controls the 140 which is not what I want.

Both Expert Pro and the remote controls have a distance of aprox. one metre.
The operation manual descibes, that to pair a remote with the amplifier one should bring the remote to close proximity to the amp and then press a button or operate the volume control.
So it could be the case that my amplifier repairs with the wrong remote because of the short distance.

Has someone experienced a similar problem? Is there a way to avoid this by some configuration setting?

Regards,
Thomas

OK, how about leaving one amplifier powered on and pairing the appropriate remote.
Then, repeating the procedure but with the other amplifier and remote.
Post deleted, Laura gave better info.
I have had this problem and it's a total pain! So firstly in the configurator make sure that for each amplifier the remote count is set to 1 and no more, otherwise both remotes will pair to both amplifiers. Completely power off both amplifiers, by pulling the power leads out or turning off at the wall. Turn on one amplifier and ensure that the other is left powered off. Place the remote control on top of the amp in the middle at the back where the rear cover meets the main body. turn the volume control until the display lights indicating that it is paired. Now power off at the front panel. Repeat the procedure for the second amplifier and hopefully each of your amps will now be locked to their respective single remotes. Power each back on and see if it works whilst keeping the remotes a good distance from the amps. I had to do this procedure multiple times but eventually they paired correctly. I think the problem is when you have two amps close together, in my case they are about 6 inches apart so it is a challenge to get them paired properly.
(12-Jul-2019, 17:50)Laura Wrote: I have had this problem and it's a total pain! So firstly in the configurator make sure that for each amplifier the remote count is set to 1 and no more, otherwise both remotes will pair to both amplifiers. Completely power off both amplifiers, by pulling the power leads out or turning off at the wall. Turn on one amplifier and ensure that the other is left powered off. Place the remote control on top of the amp in the middle at the back where the rear cover meets the main body. turn the volume control until the display lights indicating that it is paired. Now power off at the front panel. Repeat the procedure for the second amplifier and hopefully each of your amps will now be locked to their respective single remotes. Power each back on and see if it works whilst keeping the remotes a good distance from the amps. I had to do this procedure multiple times but eventually they paired correctly. I think the problem is when you have two amps close together, in my case they are about 6 inches apart so it is a challenge to get them paired properly.
Thank you for your explanation. I will try this out.
Interestingly only the remote of the 250 also affects the Expert 140 never the other way around.
I have my amps in the same shelf. I found out the biggest problem is when the remotes are in near distance to the amps. If I put the problematic 250 remote farther away from the Expert 140 then it seems to work.
I think the Expert 140 always repairs with the 250 remote when it is to close.

I try your prcedure if this will lock the remotes to the amps.
I also contacted Devialet with the problem. They forwarded the case to a technican. If I got an answer or found a solution I will report it here.
So after contacting Devialet I was told that there is no way to disable the repairing of a remote to an Expert.
This repairing happens when the remote is in close proximity to the Expert. In my case the distance between the remote and the Expert was under 1 metre.
So to avoid this problem I moved the remote that caused the problem farther away from the Expert.
What is also possible is to set the remote count of one Expert in the configurator to 0. Then this Expert can only be controlled by the App.

I suggested as a future feature that they should add some configurator setting that disables successive repairings after the Expert is once paried with a remote.
Did my procedure work for you? The whole not re-pairing thing is an issue, the other day I went too close with one of the remotes and suddenly all amps were under it's control and I had to carry out the re-pairing procedure to get it back. The problem with the app for multiple amps is that there appears to be no way to set priority and of course when I tried this it defaulted to the wrong one. I then set it back to the correct amp but then if I let my phone go into screen lock then when it reconnects it is back to the wrong amp as default again. A pairing lock would definitely be a good idea, but then how many people have multiple Devialets close together other than me and you?!
(25-Jul-2019, 12:06)Laura Wrote: Did my procedure work for you? The whole not re-pairing thing is an issue, the other day I went too close with one of the remotes and suddenly all amps were under it's control and I had to carry out the re-pairing procedure to get it back. The problem with the app for multiple amps is that there appears to be no way to set priority and of course when I tried this it defaulted to the wrong one. I then set it back to the correct amp but then if I let my phone go into screen lock then when it reconnects it is back to the wrong amp as default again. A pairing lock would definitely be a good idea, but then how many people have multiple Devialets close together other than me and you?!
I did correctly pair my remotes to the corresponding Experts by only powering on the Expert that should be paired with the remote. So this did work. But the real problem was that when both Experts where running a continuous repairing happened because all remotes and all Experts where located so close together. Moving the remotes farther away from the amps solved that problem.

My Devialet Experts are plugged into PS Audio PowerPlants so they will be switched off completely when I do not use them. Then when switching on the system, first only the Expert that drives the front speakers will be powered on. Then I normally will select the desired input and volume on its remote.
When I want to play multichannel music I also power on the Expert for the rear speakers.
Using the App to control the Expert I also find not comfortable.

Why are you using two Experts?
Yes it does seem to be an issue if you take the remotes too close. In my case sometimes I don't think I have and yet suddenly they are all being controlled by one remote!

I'm using two Experts for a Hifi / Home Cinema hybrid setup. The 440 Pro is for my Hifi listening and the fronts in the HC setup, then I also have a 400 that I have split into a mono half to run the centre speaker and the other half running the rear speakers.