Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RC measurement 7.1.1 - 7.1.3
    Just want to share with you the results of room correction measurement between 7.1.1 to 7.1.3
The upper graphs are 7.1.1 and the lowers are 7.1.3
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

Taking the graphs at face value, 7.1.3 appears to have a generally flatter frequency response but perhaps adds a touch more bass. The really interesting thing is that the bass null at just over 50hz appears to be reduced. Considering that bass in that region is, if anything, increased, then the reduction is the null is remarkable. Quite how different firmware achieves this I'm not sure.
Very interesting!!
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Is that a 'brick wall' at 20kHz on 7.1.3?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(09-May-2015, 23:44)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Is that a 'brick wall' at 20kHz on 7.1.3?

Or an artefact of the measurement tool?
My money would be on the measurement tool.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Did you take an average over multiple measurements or just one?
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

This is average of 9 point X 3 measurements each point
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

(09-May-2015, 19:39)windler Wrote: Just want to share with you the results of room correction measurement between 7.1.1 to 7.1.3
The upper graphs are 7.1.1 and the lowers are 7.1.3

All this variation is just due to room and comb filter effects and other slight differences between the two measurements sessions. The measuring person may have been standing at a different spot and the microphone at the consecutive nine measurements with Dirac is likely to have been laterally and/or hight-wise differently placed; some centimeters are enough for comb filters to change. One shouldn't also forget that reproducing the same background noise level is near impossible. It would be enough for the fridge to start its compressor or a car passing by. I am working with Dirac myself and have been fighting with these problems. I am convinced that a firmware upgrade does not produce any effects on the room response.
you will never get identical measurements. You only need to change something in the room, e.g. reorganize some stuff in a rack or moving a chair. And you will never be able to position the microphone exactly on the same 9 positions for Dirac.