Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REL High-level connection.
Here i am again.
Now i change from the REL  T9i to a S 510 and I immediately noticed a huge difference.
Probably the T9i was not enough considering the size of the room.
And it's amazing how it influences the entire frequency range and not just the bass.The positioning must be accurate, very sensible.
Well, now several hours of listening and tuning awaits me. We'll see...
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(28-Jun-2020, 01:26)PeppaPig Wrote: Set cross over lower, start from minimum. Then set volume to around 9-10 o’clock point, try around it. Don’t easily turn up the volume just because one song.
 Yes, maybe a coincidence, but it´s around 9/10 that seems more balanced, for now.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(26-Jun-2020, 12:54)audio_engr Wrote:
(25-Jun-2020, 22:50)BoyScout Wrote: I´m testing a REL sub in my system for the first time, and i know there are a few steps to do for a proper connection and a Devialet setup in order to achive the best performance from both.

I´m a bit far from that procedure.
If anyone knows how to do it or a link with the explanation, i´ll be very gratefull.

Cheers.

Red wire = Right Channel POSITIVE Binding post of 220-Pro
Yellow wire = Left Channel POSITIVE Binding post of 220-Pro
Black wire = GND post (used for Phono Turntable)

That's how I've done for my G1-MKIIs & its flawless. No hum whatsoever.

Which REL model are you testing with your SF Guarneri ?

The -3dB point of my B&W 802D3 are 17Hz but using my ears and also a SPL meter having (A & C weighings), I've set mine at 33Hz for my room. If I go 34 or 35Hz, it starts to color the midrange. If I go 31 or 32, the midbass suffers. 

I have to agree 100% with @David A about the fact that the biggest mistake people make is setting the crossover too high and the gain too low

Please keep in mind that the modern filters that REL uses these days are 8 millisec for Ref series #25 & G1-MKII; 4 millisec for s-series & T-series hence the subs behave differently. 

You should be looking at s-series S/510 or S/812 for your system, if not G1-MKII. 

How about the wiring for two subs?
(24-Jul-2023, 18:24)jp_vasquez Wrote: How about the wiring for two subs?

From you other posts, it appears you have a Devialet Expert 120 and a pair of REL S/812 subs and your main speakers are Focal Diablo Utopia. 

So here's what you do.

1. First of all, SAM should be OFF. 

2. Each REL High-Level input cable has THREE wires; Red, Yellow & Black. 

3. [ A ] For your LEFT Channel REL sub, join the Red & Yellow wires together, and Black separate.
    [ B ] For you RIGHT Channel REL sub, join the Red & yellow wires together, and Black separate.

[ C ] Join the Two Black wires together.

4. [ A ] LEFT CH REL sub : Connect (Red & Yellow) joined wires to Devialet 120 LEFT POSITIVE SPK OUTPUT TERMINAL
    [ B ] RIGHT CH REL sub : Connect (Red & Yellow) joined wires to Devialet 120 RIGHT POSITIVE SPK OUTPUT TERMINAL
    [ C ] The TWO joined Black wires are connected to GROUND terminal post. 

E N J O Y !!

P.S. Your Pair of REL S/812 subs are supposed to operate as mono subs; hence you will have one for Left Channel and one for Right Channel; just like your speakers. If you do the above connections properly, the full system will operate as Left Speaker with Left Sub, Right Speaker with Right Sub.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US