Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD-CARD ERROR MESSAGE
(05-Aug-2016, 08:04)Confused Wrote: So if you just have a companion, does the volume control still work?

Hooked a macbook, with attached USB music drive, and USB cable to the companion and, yes, the volume control works....seems to be a 200 in all respects excepting the WIFI/ethernet board.
Best news is I have my tunes back.
baddog, my thanks again for your extraordinary offer of the Mini...truly generous. In fact the Canadian service group has also revised the return date to something more acceptable.
Cheers,
wdw
Warren - Happy you have something to use in the interim, hopefully your main unit will return in the not too distant future.

Sadly my Windows Laptop succumbed to a forced Windows 10 update and now after each track while using RoonServer the D400 volume shoots up to -12, very odd.

Never a dull moment eh?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
True...Best
this happens often to me when downloading the configuration file from different windows environments. i.e From Windows 10 to the previous Devialet firmware will get me the error SD CARD error - Please contact Devialet support and wont leave until I format the SD-CARD using DOS or a camera as another member said previously.
Devialet Support once suggested to use a new card, maximum 1GB, which did not fix the problem.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
WDW, I am in Vancouver/Richmond and may be I can help.
I had similar issues with SD, It has to do with Mac Disk Utility when updating the OS. I have posted before but here it is again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/osx/comments/3q...t_work_on/

For that reasons, I have kept a few extra SD cards correctly as backup just incase.
If you need a source, I have a brand new MacMini lying around you can borrow for the time being. You can fed it into Devialet via USB Let me know if I can help.
Cheers
David
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Sorry for re-posting this but I would suggest using SD Formatter (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ ) rather than the OS for formatting your SD card. The site briefly describes the problems associated with OS formatting. The software is free and easy to use and can be used for windows or Mac OS. I've also included a copy of the Devialet manual for updating software in case you haven't reviewed it. ( http://www.devialet.com/docs/manual-8-1.pdf ) It's for 8.1 but is still relevant as far as I know. Good luck. Let us know how it's going.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
Hello everyone. So I ran into the "error sd-card" problem. Unfortunately, the support service does not give effective advice, I am very upset. Guys, what advice? My devialet 220 has stopped seeing the memory card and does not load the configuration
Did you see my post about formatting the SD card?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(16-Apr-2023, 20:36)Ozzyzzy Wrote: Hello everyone.  So I ran into the "error sd-card" problem. Unfortunately, the support service does not give effective advice, I am very upset. Guys, what advice? My devialet 220 has stopped seeing the memory card and does not load the configuration

My 140 Pro would sometimes not recognise my card and sometimes recognise it. Removing and re-inserting the card and pushing it in at a slightly different angle would usually work when the problem first started but over time that stopped working. Eventually the amp had to go back to Devialet in France for repair. None of the advice about how to format the card helped, my problem was a faulty SD card slot which had to be replaced. The amp has read cards perfectly since it came back from repair a few years back.

It seems there are at least 2 things which can contribute to card reading problems. One is how you format the card, the other is physical problems with the card slot. Try formatting the card using the SD Card Formatter app as others have recommended but if you've had a history of intermittent problems where removing and reinserting the card would work then the problem may not be with the card but  rather with the slot component which is mounted on the CI board and the amp itself may need repair.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
is there any useful news? I was able to update to 10.1 without any problems, but then 13.2 was no longer possible. Even the configuration of the 220 is no longer possible. only sd card error. And yes, I formatted via ios, windows and also my camera. Nothing works.