Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio
(11-Mar-2020, 18:03)frogster99 Wrote:
(06-Mar-2020, 22:30)streamy Wrote: Radio in DOS1 still works well. So put pressure on Devialet to give on DOS2 instructions on how to receive Radio. It is a feature they sold with the Phantoms and seem to have removed. Not acceptable!
I am in talks with devialet at the moment and currently going down the root that the device is not fit for purpose. The device is no longer as advertised why would i need one app to connect to another app to connect to another app to then connect to my phantom. it like the Mr Bean sketch where he has 1 key to get in to his boot then a key in his boot to get in to his car. i thought that sketch was funny and its funny because no one in there right mind apart from a comedy sketch would ever do it. The devialet app should be all we need to do the things advertised when i bought my phantom. use bubble upnp. No why would I. I want to use my devialet app.
If sonos turned round to there customers and said use bubble upnp they would be a laughing stock and so should devialet.
It‘s a pity. A great and innovative startup had success and got finances from investors to replace the original team by a new management put in place to do economy of scale, without heartblead as the initial inventors. As a consequence that 2.gen team does not understand the sector nor the technology and fail to keep the pace that a emerging business needs, with all its problem and need of agile fixes. So they introduce a step back from early promises, but as they do not understand the nature of not mature technology (home networks not made for real-time delivery, and introducing buffering, therefore delays). Their solution represents all the Bads: customers have to add the services to the system without control of Quality of Service to make the system working again. Not acceptable!
OK so i have found a more reliable way to listen to radio via UPNP some of you im sure are aware but i wasn't.
1 Download Tunein Radio app
2 Download Bubble UPNP
3 Select your radio station in Tunein
4 Click Share and select Bubble UPNP and then select output Phantom.
Next time you do it and click share your Phantom speaker will be there without needing to go in to Bubble UPNP.

Still not the best solution, but definitely the best for reliability and sound quality.
(20-Mar-2020, 18:00)frogster99 Wrote: OK so i have found a more reliable way to listen to radio via UPNP some of you im sure are aware but i wasn't.
1 Download Tunein Radio app
2 Download Bubble UPNP
3 Select your radio station in Tunein
4 Click Share and select Bubble UPNP and then select output Phantom.
Next time you do it and click share your Phantom speaker will be there without needing to go in to Bubble UPNP.

Still not the best solution, but definitely the best for reliability and sound quality.

That trick is working for me as well with an expert ! Great. Thanks
Devialet Expert 250 Pro | Waterfall Niagara Platinum (stereo setup and Home Theater front)
Marantz sr7011 (Home Theater) : Klipsch rp440 (center), Waterfall Elora Evo (rear)
Subwoofer (stereo and home theater) : BK XXLS400
For Ios you can also use Creation 5 is also UPNP