Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rake Angle
(25-Apr-2021, 10:35)ogs Wrote: @Pim I agree with all you say apart from DSP. DSP is the only way to make a conventional box speaker time-coincident. In 1991-92 Celestion demonstrated that a "digital equalizer", the DLP600, could make a speaker with a 12dB/octave cross-over - the SL600si - time-coincident. Again it is John Atkinson of Stereophile who show this in measurements: https://www.stereophile.com/content/cele...nts-part-2
Today Kef, Dynaudio, Kii and others make speakers that correct the time domain (and any phase anomaly from the cross-over) with DSP.

What I'm referring to is that by tilting a speaker wrongly you can mess up the time alignment. There can only be one position for your ears to be where the tweeter and mid/woofer line up correctly, whether the speaker is build time aligned or not.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks all, learned a lot from these postings.  I have been thinking about new speakers once the lock down is over and will now add to the list of criteria that they are time coincident.  In the meantime I took Pim's advice and adjusted to what felt comfortable and natural.  Will play with it further over the next week but think I have it.

Again thanks all for your help!
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada