Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor - a Devialet first
I've just taken the plunge and ordered a Reactor 900. Will give my feedback in due course. Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(20-Dec-2018, 16:28)whatmore Wrote: why on earth would they release a speaker that can't be played in stereo  Huh Huh

Agree completely.   Waiting on Devialet to release the software to support the Reactors is undoubtedly going to be a painfully slow and frustrating process.   But eventually, it will happen and when it does (and when it works), I'll give them a serious listen.  I'm putting them on my 2019 2020 2021 Christmas list now ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
This product size looks really neat. Some Amazon comments rate them better than Kef LS50W plus sub! I love the form factor/size and if the full range driver is equivalent to the big phantoms mid/tweet we have a winner (of course we need stereo)
I received 2 x phantom reactors 900 and i wrote in another thread that i was slightly underwhelmed. I have one hooked up to my pc and was sitting on my desk and wasn't blown away....i just re-positioned the speaker so that it is sitting about 5 feet behind my monitor on another table and i WOW. When it was sitting on my desk next to my pc the highs sounded really harsh but i learned they need some space to breath. This thing fills up my entire office with amazing sound comparable to the gold . I literally have two golds in the next room to compare so yes i have compared them side by side. When placed at the back of the room it almost sounds like its a stereo setup honestly. I cannot wait until they release the stereo pairing update. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!
I'm not usually posting on Phantom threads, but... I was in a shop this am, and I saw a reactor sitting next to a silver. I may be way behind the curve on this, but these things are really small. I've taken some photos. One has my wallet in front of the reactor (no, I was not buying one) and I put my hand beside it as well. I do have a thumb, but I kept it tucked away, out of sight. Just good manners, I think.

This thing is really small. It looks like a scale model mock-up of a regular phantom. As if it is a model of what the real phantom will be. Kind of funny, actually. You could hide this under the leaves of a medium-sized house plant, no problem.

I did listen for about one minute as I was in a bit of a rush, but the sound seems very good. I think that the real trick is getting someone to demo any of the Phantoms with music that is not just about the bass. I am tempted to go back and spend some time with a more personal selection of tunes. But it is really cool.

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(21-Dec-2018, 23:04)Ryu79 Wrote: I received 2 x phantom reactors 900 and i wrote in another thread that i was slightly underwhelmed.   I have one hooked up to my pc and was sitting on my desk and wasn't blown away....i just re-positioned the speaker so that it is sitting about 5 feet behind my monitor on another table and i WOW.   When it was sitting on my desk next to my pc the highs sounded really harsh but i learned they need some space to breath.   This thing fills up my entire office with amazing sound comparable to the gold .   I literally have two golds in the next room to compare so yes i have compared them side by side.   When placed at the back of the room it almost sounds like its a stereo setup honestly.   I cannot wait until they release the stereo pairing update.   HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!

Hi Ryu79, How would you compare the incredible physical and body shaking bass enjoyment of the Golds compared with the bass on the reactor?