Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor vs. Akoya
see how he placed them !! -1
What would you change in the setup?
The distance from all the same.

The distance between the phantoms is far too great.
for a good comparison you have to equalize distances and that is possible by reversing the order on one side.
True. But just to give my 2 cents, even if he didn't go the whole nine yards for this video I still consider his opinion valuable.
Fun fact, this guy is actually the reason I got hooked on Devialet in the first place 3-4 years ago. He knows the Phantom Golds (and all other Devialet gear) very well and I am sure that is the same with the Cabasses.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Owner of the Cabasse Pearl Akoya.
Took some time to getting used to it and the sound (and it's placement).
Now I am hooked and eager to increase it (either to 2 Akoyas or even 2 Cabasse Pearl, plan to test it with other combinations).
Hello there,i had the phantom gold and the phantom reactor 900 in stereo.And now i have the Cabasse Pearl Akoya in stereo.

The Cabasse Pearl Akoya sounds more hifi to me then the phantom reactor 900.
Its close to the phantom gold,but the golds have slightly the edge vs the Cabasse Pearl Akoya.

But if you use it for tv the phantom reactor could be better(lower latency)

But for music definitly the Cabasse Pearl Akoya instead off the phantom reactor
Thanks for the feedback.
john2910, would you mind to test the difference in sound 1 vs 2 Cabasse Pearl Akoya?
I think you just change in the app that only one speaker is setup for receiving the stereo sound.

Since I currently own only 1 Akoya, am very much interested what sound difference 1 vs 2 have, especially in:
bass, how room filling the sound is (if you could add your room size where they are for comparison), how engaging it is.