Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor600 + Phantom Golds
I have a couple Phantom Golds and I'm looking to get a Reactor 600, more so to use it as a portable set-up but I'd also use it paired with the Golds. 
My question is: if I plug an optical cable from my TV to my Reactor will it feed the signal to the Golds as well? The 3 speakers would basically be in a multi-room setup and I haven't seen this use-case discussed before. 
Thanks!
This works perfectly, in case anyone encounters the same situation.
Thanks! I wondered about that. Was worried that different latency of Gold and Reactor would create trouble..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(12-Apr-2021, 17:59)drgs123 Wrote: I have a couple Phantom Golds and I'm looking to get a Reactor 600, more so to use it as a portable set-up but I'd also use it paired with the Golds. 
My question is: if I plug an optical cable from my TV to my Reactor will it feed the signal to the Golds as well? The 3 speakers would basically be in a multi-room setup and I haven't seen this use-case discussed before. 
Thanks!

I have an optical cable from my TV to one of my 2 Gold and I have a pair of reactor in another room. With airplay 2 you can have the sound of the TV in both rooms, if you want to, or just in one room if you choose that. It helps if you have a good wifi network such as a netgear orbi with 2 satellites.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac