Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactors and Samsung smart tv over BT
Hi everyone,

I couldn’t really get a straight answer from the forum search, but please correct me if I’m wrong.

I am trying to connect my 2020 Samsung smart tv via Bluetooth to my reactors 900. The tv sees the reactors now and again but when trying to pair nothing happens. In fact most of the time it kind of locks up. The Samsung tv does give some kind of message about pairing code, but nog opportunity on the reactors to input the code.

Does anyone have this experience or got them to work over Bluetooth? I hope the solution is not to buy a separate sound bar for the tv. Thanks anyway!

Justin
(31-Jan-2021, 10:00)JustinR Wrote: Hi everyone,

I couldn’t really get a straight answer from the forum search, but please correct me if I’m wrong.

I am trying to connect my 2020 Samsung smart tv via Bluetooth to my reactors 900. The tv sees the reactors now and again but when trying to pair nothing happens. In fact most of the time it kind of locks up. The Samsung tv does give some kind of message about pairing code, but nog opportunity on the reactors to input the code.

Does anyone have this experience or got them to work over Bluetooth? I hope the solution is not to buy a separate sound bar for the tv. Thanks anyway!

Justin

Hi Justin,

I managed to pair my Reactor 600 without any issues to my Samsung Frame TV 2018 model.

First, put the Devialet in Bluetooth mode using the app. Then on the TV you should be able to find the device and pair if you go to Audio Output on the TV and select Bluetooth. It wont ask you for any code.
Same problem here. Had a qled curve tv from samsung model 2017, barely worked via bluetooth, annoying connexion. Changed it to a 2020 the frame model, now it doesn't connect at all. Finds the reactors, says it needs to pair, but then... Nothing

I've given up...
I was lucky i guess considering i have heard at least 3 people on this forum with similar issues.
You guys have no issues with mobile phones connecting over Bluetooth to the Reactor?
I tried it again the other day, after updating to new software on the Reactors. Whether it is the new software or not I cannot tell, but it worked first attempt. :-)
Good to hear! Any lipsync issues or is everything working flawless now?
No lip sync issues as yet. Very pleased

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I mentioned before that everything seemed to work well. However, I had not used the TV for a while in combination with the reactors and yesterday I thought I give it a go. And guess what....I does not pair anymore. Tried everything from resets to disconnect etc. 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Is there some work around? It it the Samsung TV or the Reactors playing up?
I tested it a couple of days back and i could still connect using BT with latest update. i did need to pair again, but then it worked. In the Devialet app, set input to BT. Are you able to connect with your phone?
Only got round to testing again yesterday. Bluetooth from my other devices (iPhone, laptop etc) to the phantoms works fine. Just can’t get the smart tv to connect. Tried numerous times and even did a full factory reset on the tv, still no luck . The tv sees the phantoms first try and then takes ages trying to connect, eventually showing a message that it failed. Any attempt after that doesn’t even see the phantoms anymore. I think the issue is with the wonky software, and maybe even hardware of Samsung. It has various other glitches....