Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote control
Thanks Johnny
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Remote control arrived today. Looks like a jar of hand cream. I was however under the impression that it showed the volume level as a number on the top. Still, better that having to open Spark just solely to use it for controlling the volume.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
(19-Feb-2016, 19:25)Silvertouran Wrote: I was however under the impression that it showed the volume level as a number on the top.

It was supposed to, with an e-paper screen no less!
I would like to see a future iteration of the remote with a display.  It likely would have to be at a higher price point, but I think there could be a potential market for 2 SKUs - the current one and an "advanced" one.  They are both add-ons, so users can choose either or neither.  Here's what I'd love to see on it:

- Display showing at least volume level
-- Track/source info would be nice, but this may be more trouble than it's worth.  Beyond the metadata transmission, there's the question of how large the display has to be to accommodate it

- Play/Pause and Skip -/+ would be great (mute would be nice too but I don't see it as essential when you have play/pause).  Again, you're increasing the complexity and would have to accomplish it with either touch sensitivity or mechanical operation but to me it would be very useful.

B&O's Essence wheel remote comes to mind or what the folks an Nuimo are doing.  I've been others in the forum talk about the latter and perhaps there may some ability in the future to have it interface with the Phantoms.  

Just my $0.02.
Hello, first post from a soon te be 4x phantom silver owner (coming from Sonos).. 2 zones, one on branches the other wall mounted on gecko's. Can someone tell me if the remote stays connected also after sleep mode? My dealer warned me that you have to pair the remote regularly and hold it close to a phantom to pair again... not a great experience when wall mounted... Thanks!
I. Pretty sure you only have to pair it with 1 Phantom as they will all be connected to the dialog. Not sure about sleep mode but ive only had to re-pair mine after i took mine far enough away as to disconnect it from the Bluetooth.
You only need to connect to one phantom to have control over all
I reconnect once or twice a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok thanks. I understand how you you set it up but i was worried about re-pairing a lot because it loses/forgets the connection. I can live with re-connection once or twice a month but its a showstopper if it happens more frequent like the dealer warned me for.. I'll ask for a trial on the remote to see for myself  Smile