Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
Maybe I should replace my gigabit switch with an old 10/100Mbps one.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(28-Mar-2019, 15:30)tategoi Wrote: Maybe I should replace my gigabit switch with an old 10/100Mbps one.

That's one solution that I have not yet tried... But hey, switches are cheap and if putting an older 10/100 switch in front of the Devialet works, that would be good to know.  But I'm really hoping Roon and/or Devialet get to the bottom of this and solve it soon.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
That would be an interesting test! If the problem is gone after the change we can certainly be sure the Gig ethernet was part of the problem....

Uptone will deliver a special "EtherREGEN" with a very clean 10/100BASE-T and a fiber SFP slot (+ several copper Gig ports). There is a thread at audiophilestyle.com about it. Maybe this is the thing to go for provided you can wait... else it should be easy to find cheap unmanaged 100BASE-T switches used.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
It´s not only a Roon Raat problem. I have the same problem with my Allo Usbridge/Mytek DAC+ endpoint. 1 Gbit ethernet network.

It is a Roon problem.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(28-Mar-2019, 22:04)midi Wrote: It´s not only a Roon Raat problem. I have the same problem with my Allo Usbridge/Mytek DAC+ endpoint. 1 Gbit ethernet network.

It is a Roon problem.

Hmmm, I've also got an Allo USBridge but have not noted the problem there.  I'll give it an extended listen soon to see if it occurs there for me as well.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
(28-Mar-2019, 22:04)midi Wrote: I have the same problem with my Allo Usbridge/Mytek DAC+ endpoint. 1 Gbit ethernet network.

In that case a 100Mbps link to Roon core and a Gig link to the device should be OK?

I may be able to test this (during the weekend) as I can easily move my Devialet amp to a Gig link. My Roon core is already connected with 100Mbps. I must admit I've never seen or heard any errors of this kind in my setup so nothing is guaranteed.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
(28-Mar-2019, 22:04)midi Wrote: It´s not only a Roon Raat problem. I have the same problem with my Allo Usbridge/Mytek DAC+ endpoint. 1 Gbit ethernet network.

It is a Roon problem.

OK, I reset my Roonserver to gigabit speed and started playing a 192Khz, 24Bit album to my Allo USBridge -> iFi Micro iDSD DAC/Amp using Roon Bridge.     It's been playing now for ~15 minutes and no problems.    This album is *always* able to generate the error in the 1st 20 seconds to my Devialet when network is 1.0 gbps.

@midi - are you seeing the problem using Roon Bridge to your USBridge?

My USBridge is at v6.19.7 but I know there's a newer version of Dietpi available.  Which one are you using?
Durham, NC USA
I finally heard back from Devialet support on a ticket I submitted 3 weeks ago regarding this problem. The response was that their engineers have successfully been able to stream via Roon RAAT at gigabit speeds. Unfortunately, they cannot obtain the router I use (Pace 5268ac provided by AT&T) in order to test it so they're asking me to try another router.

To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical that it is a router issue, but who knows. So my question to all you gentle readers...

What router are you using to stream at gigabit speed to your Devialet Expert Pros? Does it work or are you having the same problems of dropouts and "Audio file loading slowly.." Roon errors when streaming hi-res music? I would love to send back a list of routers to Devialet where it is failing to see what kind of response they offer. I've also posted Devialet's response on the Roon forums.

Networking and routers is not really in my basket of skills so if acquiring a new router is needed, so be it. Still, it seems strange that so many of us are having this problem.
Durham, NC USA
I use two HP ProCurve J9085A switches (6 meters apart) linked with Gig copper and vlan trunking between them. My router is a Palo Alto PA-220 firewall (with a Cisco DOCSIS cable modem in front), but nothing is directly connected to the firewall other than the "inside" interface. All layer two is handled by the two switches and a Dlink 505 wireless unit in bridge mode for the Android remotes.

The two switches have each 24 100BASE-T ports, two 1000BASE-T and two SFP slots (that are not used at the moment). The switches are completely silent and fan-less. Roon Core is connected to one switch while the Devialet amp to the other, both on 100Mbps ports. So there is a gigabit link between the switches, but what matters seems to be the ports devices are connected to. Ethernet cables are cheap Cat5 with no shielding.
Devialetless!
(29-Mar-2019, 00:10)mdconnelly Wrote:

It is a Roon problem.

OK, I reset my Roonserver to gigabit speed and started playing a 192Khz, 24Bit album to my Allo USBridge -> iFi Micro iDSD DAC/Amp using Roon Bridge.     It's been playing now for ~15 minutes and no problems.    This album is *always* able to generate the error in the 1st 20 seconds to my Devialet when network is 1.0 gbps.  

@midi - are you seeing the problem using Roon Bridge to your USBridge?

My USBridge is at v6.19.7 but I know there's a newer version of Dietpi available.  Which one are you using?

To be honest:

I have no idea. I have installed Volumio and a Roon plugin (which was difficult enough to find).

Before the Allo Usbdrige I have used a Pro Ject Box with my Mac Book, I can´t remember, but I think I have had also problems with skipping Tidal tracks or fast forward/rewind Tidal tracks. These problems are still there. It happened with my Expert/RAAT but also with my Mytek Dac/Allo. For me it´s another Roon problem and it is very similiar to the slow loading problem.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana