Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon RAAT for Expert Pro
Promised by Devialet by the end of the year. No news and nothing yet, not many working days left to the year end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(21-Dec-2018, 12:57)disarmamant Wrote: Promised by Devialet by the end of the year. No news and nothing yet, not many working days left to the year end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've actually been chasing them on this to get an update. Will let you know as soon as I hear more.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hope we can have an update by Christmas eve. Roon-related [I do not hve roon] or others are fine. Frankly there have been a long long time lacking any surprise
Not holding my breath for Christmas (this year ;-). But, as usual, I'm quite disappointed by their total lack of communication about it (and everything else that the new CI board was to bring).

Be that as it may, I'm totally enjoying my Expert Pros and have full confidence that someday, in some way, Devialet will grace us with this promised update. Until then, Merry Christmas to all!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
The surprise might be another new product for the public. Sorry it is my usual impression about Devialet.
I just received en email that my Od'A is on its way back home after the upgrade. I asked whether it's Roon RAAT ready or not. I will keep you posted.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
They won‘t make the intended xmas timeline - at least there is good progress I was told.
Hopefully this will be ready in January finally.
Same old Devialet. They gave themselves plenty of time and predictably, didn’t get there. Was anyone really expecting them to though?

Seems like the updated ‘reactor’ style software will be ages too.

The blessing is Roon control the QA of RAAT so at least we know when it comes it will work and work properly, and any issues have their public forum. The Devialet software no doubt won’t.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(22-Dec-2018, 21:29)markush Wrote: They won‘t make the intended xmas timeline - at least there is good progress I was told.
Hopefully this will be ready in January finally.

Markush

Understand you're only passing on info, but difficult to take literally when Devialet say "good progress" we have to believe that message is correct, but the other messages are not (RAAT by end of 2018).

Seems standard communication from Devialet is only to a select few, but the vast majority of owners are given zero info from Devialet (this is not directed at you Markush, appreciate you're only trying to help).

The last Core Infinity Software/Firmware update was 9th July 2018.

Previous promises, but no detail of progress (or if even still going to happen in the future):
  • Bluetooth
  • Qobuz
  • Deezer
  • MQA
  • Tidal
  • Web Radio
  • Airplay 2
  • Etc.
Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
@Celts88

John, I'm pretty sure MQA was knocked on the head quite some time ago. I think it was at a meeting at Oxford Audio where Devialet engineers said MQA wasn't going to happen.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.