Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon Settings
It certainly doesn't work with exclusive mode and AIR on OS X; IIRC based on what I've read this is specific to the OS X version of AIR.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I did run those exact settings for a couple of hours on Sunday. (I haven't had time for any listening since unfortunately) Everything worked fine, AIR worked perfectly and it sounded very good. So good in fact, I kind of convinced myself it sounded better than AIR / JRiver / WASAPI. There is no reason I can think of that should make it sound better than JRiver, so I think this was just one of those mood dependant things. Plus I have been messing around with speaker placement recently (with much success) so the whole system sounds better than I have been accustomed too for a little while. I will try a quick JRiver / Roon back to back comparison when I have a little time.

All this Roon / AIR joy was with Windows 10, which as others have posted today, is not supported by AIR.....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Actually I solved the issue. I just needed to update fidelizer to newest version. And my roon works in exclusive mode with air ethernet. Only problem is to connect my tab to computer and use it as remote... it loses connection few times per hour but when using only computer all works fine. I have windows 7 in use and I use this computer only for music. Maybe I'm lucky...
In my experience, AIR is a bit more stable under Win 10 than it was under Win 8 or Win 7.     But that's still not to say it's stable.  

The frustration comes from the fact that when you get it working - which I have many times - you breath a sigh of relief, enjoy the wonderful sounds for a few hours, a day or two, maybe three and begin to think that maybe, just maybe, you figured it out this time.  Then things get wonky ... again.  

Einstein's definition of insanity... "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(22-Mar-2016, 22:23)mdconnelly Wrote: In my experience, AIR is a bit more stable under Win 10 than it was under Win 8 or Win 7.     But that's still not to say it's stable.  

The frustration comes from the fact that when you get it working - which I have many times - you breath a sigh of relief, enjoy the wonderful sounds for a few hours, a day or two, maybe three and begin to think that maybe, just maybe, you figured it out this time.  Then things get wonky ... again.  

Einstein's definition of insanity... "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

I think what you are trying to say is: AIR is slightly less problematic on Windows 10.

Big Grin

Maybe we all need to email Devialet daily with a link to every AIR is crap thread on this forum.  I'll never use AIR once RoonBridge is rolling but I want to be on the bitching team, it's nice to be part of something.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(23-Mar-2016, 00:20)Dr Tone Wrote:
(22-Mar-2016, 22:23)mdconnelly Wrote: In my experience, AIR is a bit more stable under Win 10 than it was under Win 8 or Win 7.     But that's still not to say it's stable.  

I think what you are trying to say is: AIR is slightly less problematic on Windows 10.

Big Grin

Maybe we all need to email Devialet daily with a link to every AIR is crap thread on this forum.  I'll never use AIR once RoonBridge is rolling but I want to be on the bitching team, it's nice to be part of something.

I am curious, once RoonBridge becomes available shortly, what will you be installing it on?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(23-Mar-2016, 02:52)baddog Wrote:
(23-Mar-2016, 00:20)Dr Tone Wrote:

Big Grin

I am curious, once RoonBridge becomes available shortly, what will you be installing it on?

Windows 10 box with a SOTM Usb 3 card.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Yes, under Win 10 with latest Win updates applied, I stopped seeing the Windows BSOD when AIR was installed.   For awhile it seemed like it was working as it should.  The BSODs did not return, but dropouts seemed to randomly reappear and occasionally I just couldn't connect (and I was running it via ethernet, not wifi).   

But I know that some people have had good success with it.   So if you are a Win 10 user, it's probably worth a try because it does sound damn good.  But if it doesn't work well, set it aside and either wait for Devialet to fix it or find another way to stream.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
@Dr Tone - and RoonServer running on a different PC?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(23-Mar-2016, 04:01)baddog Wrote: @Dr Tone  - and RoonServer running on a different PC?

Yes, on a Windows 2012 R2 server elsewhere.