Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon Streaming via devialet air or Raat
Hi there, I had roon for some time and used a raspberry pi and have now switched to a devialet expert pro 220.

I have been reading frequently that people use different protocols to stream from roon, either RAAT or Air devialet. When I set up the device in roon it only shows devialet air.

Is there a possibility to switch to roon RAAT?

Thanks Chris
Try to fully reset a few times Roon server and Expert 220 Pro (unplug from the mains for last one). That helped me long time ago.
I'm not sure all 220 Pro's have the CI board installed. If not, it's a free upgrade. RAAT only works with the CI board installed. The Roon implementation of AIR is very stable. RAAT not so. Have a look around and there's plenty to read about threads about RAAT not working as it should.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Look for it in your app.
You should find it there, and then you disable AIR and enable the RAAT.
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
Perhaps reboot your PC where the Roon is installed, as well as your Mobile or Tablet.
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
Be sure you have the latest OS and firmware... Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 that was released Feb 11, 2019.

If you have you should find it in Roon -> Setup -> Audio under Roon Ready. You'll need to enable it.

If you're not sure if you have the CI upgrade, go to the Devialet website, login, go to your Acccount -> Your Products and your 220 should be listed and will show if it's been upgraded to Core Infinity.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
If you're not sure if you have the CI upgrade, take a look at the back of your 220. If you see a wifi antenna sticking out of the back of the amp, it has the CI board upgrade. The internal wifi antenna is replaced with an external antenna as part of the CI board upgrade process.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Thanks guys, i figured it out with devialet support help. The firmware update updated the firmware but left the dos at 2.2.2. After I updated for a second time, it also was updated to 2.2.4. Now the expert appears also as roon ready and I can use raat.

The wired connection still produces drop outs though but wlan is fine
Hello, 

I am using Roon streaming to my Devialet Expert 250 Pro with Core Infinity through RAAT.
However, there's something in the 250 Pro display that concerns me... I happen to see the "dB" logo flickering from time to time it turns red.
Wonder what this could mean ?

Thanks  
Sjors
(01-May-2020, 21:05)George680 Wrote: Hello, 

I am using Roon streaming to my Devialet Expert 250 Pro with Core Infinity through RAAT.
However, there's something in the 250 Pro display that concerns me... I happen to see the "dB" logo flickering from time to time it turns red.
Wonder what this could mean ?

Thanks  
Sjors

It's an indication that clipping is occurring. Here's some links:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...Expert-Pro-

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-dB-indic...ashing-red
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia