Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacBook Pro Ethernet D120 Expert
Sorry if this had been asked already: could someone tell me if it is possible to connect my MacBook Pro running Roon Core directly via ethernet to the D120 and how to set the network configuration? Thanks a lot for input!
SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
Yes, you can do that.

You need to make a config file with the ethernet input enabled or you could use the factory config if you just want to test it out and you could then make a config file later

In the Configurator there are 2 options for the ethernet input. The first is "Advanced Settings" and the default is DHCP On. You don't need to worry about the other settings if you leave DHCP set to On, you only need to complete the other settings if you turn DHCP Off. I have my 140 configured with DHCP On and that works fine for me. If you want to use manual network settings you turn DHCP off and enter the settings for your Devialet

The second set of options is Special Modes. I've never used any of them but and you should have no need for Pass thru or Trig Out but you may want to use Auto Dim if you want to dim the Devialet's display window. I've never used ICM (Intelligent Cinema Mode) and have no idea what it does.

The only thing you need to worry about really is keeping a live internet connection to your MacBook because Roon uses the internet connection to get some data from the net and also for streaming if you use any of its streaming services.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(02-Oct-2018, 00:54)David A Wrote: Yes, you can do that.

You need to make a config file with the ethernet input enabled or you could use the factory config if you just want to test it out and you could then make a config file later

In the Configurator there are 2 options for the ethernet input. The first is "Advanced Settings" and the default is DHCP On. You don't need to worry about the other settings if you leave DHCP set to On, you only need to complete the other settings if you turn DHCP Off. I have my 140 configured with DHCP On and that works fine for me. If you want to use manual network settings you turn DHCP off and enter the settings for your Devialet

The second set of options is Special Modes. I've never used any of them but and you should have no need for Pass thru or Trig Out but you may want to use Auto Dim if you want to dim the Devialet's display window. I've never used ICM (Intelligent Cinema Mode) and have no idea what it does.

The only thing you need to worry about really is keeping a live internet connection to your MacBook because Roon uses the internet connection to get some data from the net and also for streaming if you use any of its streaming services.
Pardon me for butting in.
ICM stands for Intelligent Cinema Mode and is intended to boost vocals to make them easier to hear. I’ve tried it and it works, but it doesn’t appear to be just a midrange boost, so I’ve no idea exactly how it does this.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Sailor4W It's been several years since I posted this, but these are the basic steps you need to follow, you can also leave WIFI enabled on your MacBook Pro so Roon can access the internet as needed.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-AIR-3-Be...5#pid41595
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(02-Oct-2018, 00:54)David A Wrote: Yes, you can do that.

Thanks a lot, will try tonight and report back!
(02-Oct-2018, 03:12)baddog Wrote: @Sailor4W It's been several years since I posted this, but these are the basic steps you need to follow, you can also leave WIFI enabled on your MacBook Pro so Roon can access the internet as needed.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-AIR-3-Be...5#pid41595

Thanks for the link!!! Lot's of things to try.
(02-Oct-2018, 01:34)Axel Wrote: Pardon me for butting in. ICM stands for Intelligent Cinema Mode and is intended to boost vocals to make them easier to hear. I’ve tried it and it works, but it doesn’t appear to be just a midrange boost, so I’ve no idea exactly how it does this.

It is a “Night Mode” to me, that many AV receivers have. That compresses sound so you can hear all quite passages and don’t get frightened (by angry, woken up wife) from loud explosions when listening at night with low volume.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(02-Oct-2018, 17:06)maxijazz Wrote:
(02-Oct-2018, 01:34)Axel Wrote: Pardon me for butting in. ICM stands for Intelligent Cinema Mode and is intended to boost vocals to make them easier to hear. I’ve tried it and it works, but it doesn’t appear to be just a midrange boost, so I’ve no idea exactly how it does this.

It is a “Night Mode” to me, that many AV receivers have. That compresses sound so you can hear all quite passages and don’t get frightened (by angry, woken up wife) from loud explosions when listening at night with low volume.

Mine is more likely to be woken up by a sudden silence rather than the roar of cannons when watching TV....
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US