Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon - the next step?
There's really nothing to need support over with QNAP, the setup is near plug and play as it gets for a NAS. And its not a closed format like the Zenith, you cna install anything you like....
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
(09-Mar-2018, 19:28)cereal killer Wrote: There's really nothing to need support over with QNAP, the setup is near plug and play as it gets for a NAS. And its not a closed format like the Zenith, you cna install anything you like....

The Zenith is not a closed format, not closer than your Qnap. You can use it via UPnP, LMS and Roon (core and endpoint) and it is a high quality and quite machine desgned for audio streaming, not a simple and cheap NAS built for computer using. I would never change my Zenith with my Synology NAS I have used before...
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
@midi I think the Zenith feels like a simple replacement for my Melco. Very similar product in that they are both optimised for music playback .
My only concern right now is I am paying out more cash simply to get Roon as it has been a joy to use........until today that is ? a few issues today and I have has to do a bit of time on support site to put it right . I know this will happen from time to time , but there is also a few issues with streaming TIDAL with Roon. It’s a long thread stretching back months. This stopped me from making the purchase today. So when I have doubts I tend to take a step back
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
can you install your own Apps on it?
Have a look at my thread on roon, it may help https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-an...ther/37348
I am doing this solely to get Roon and I have had a couple of small issues lately where my IPad app did not connect to the Core. I followed guidelines and looked at the enable " accept connections from remotes" button and it was set correctly. I then just toggled it on and off and it worked . All strange but that is twice it has happened since I started using Roon. Also more annoying is that if I favourite a track in Tidal its adds the album to my collection. I really do not like that so I guess I am seeing how I progress with Roon. I doubt I will be able to give it up now that I have it but I do have a 3 month trial.

I am starting to think that little connectivity issues are just part and parcel of music streaming and that maybe it will never be perfect.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
if you double tap the home button and close the app fully then restart it, it finds a better connection.

Yes! i've had the same issue with doublelling up albums from the tidal app on my phone to roon library. the steps in the link above helps keep that neat and sorted.
(10-Mar-2018, 10:04)cereal killer Wrote: if you double tap the home button and close the app fully then restart it, it finds a better connection.

Yes! i've had the same issue with doublelling up albums from the tidal app on my phone to roon library. the steps in the link above helps keep that neat and sorted.
I will try that thanks
No it is not the doubling up of albums that causes the issue. Lets say I like the new Drake single but not the album. If i favourite the single the album shows up in my Albums section. It cant be amended.
It can, Simply hide the Album

to do this simply right click on your computer or press and hold the album art/cover in iOS then top right hit edit.
@cereal killer thanks for the tip, yes this does work and I will do this from now on , but I certainly won’t be going through all of the tracks that are already on there as I would be here all day :-)