Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
(13-Jan-2016, 10:45)ogs Wrote: Thanks, good to know. Devialet might have to remove AIR from the Altera to make room for RAAT. Not very likely to happen....

That would be fine by me!

** WARNING - installing RAAT will remove Air from you Devialet - would you like to proceed? y/n **

y - Yes Please!! Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(13-Jan-2016, 11:01)Tomthecat Wrote:
(12-Jan-2016, 20:39)octaviars Wrote:
(12-Jan-2016, 20:22)Tomthecat Wrote: Just for those who want a working solution today (which I use since yesterday)

1.) Get an Aries (go for the more expensive one with the LPS)
2.) Connect it to Your Devialet via AES connection
3.) Start Roon on Your PC/MAC
4.) Have fun using RAAT by selecting the Aries as the target
PS.: The sound is absolutely awesome on my D400 Wink, clean, crisp and detailed
PPS.: Don´t wait for no reason, as time is always now!

This is exactly what I am using, apart from the AES I use USB.

Have you compared USB to AES.

This is what I did. AES was far better on the Devialet, also on the Auralic VEGA. I use a very short cable for the interconnect. Enjoy! Today Roon as upgraded to fully support RAAT....just did the Update - GREAT!

I have a rather simple AES cable connected not quality wise like my USB so I dont want to judge the sound by it right now but I intend to get a better AES cable.

Also upgraded ROON to the newest build and now RAAT looks like it did on the pictures from CES.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(13-Jan-2016, 02:57)hk6230 Wrote: I had contributed my vote for RoonReady by writing to Devialet and below is their reply:

I had the same reply, almost word-for-word.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Regardless of what Devialet may state about their plan to ignore the likes of Roon, I believe that they will find it untenable rather quickly as their competitors make partnerships for better UIs. So I'm not personally too worried about Devialet maintaining its monolithic control over their software and not partner with others. I believe this is inevitable. But then, what do I know....? Smile
(17-Jan-2016, 04:44)MountainGuy Wrote: Regardless of what Devialet may state about their plan to ignore the likes of Roon, I believe that they will find it untenable rather quickly as their competitors make partnerships for better UIs.  So I'm not personally too worried about Devialet maintaining its monolithic control over their software and not partner with others. I believe this is inevitable.  But then, what do I know....? Smile

Let's hope so....

RoonReady on Devialet would bring a nice UI, but in a way you can get that already via USB, but RAAT would bring further benefits.

Reading Brian's (Roon CTO) detailed posts about the design and thought processes behind RAAT is really interesting, especially for technical people.
I get the sense it's far beyond just being an Air that works. They really do have an expertise here. As he says himself, this is the third time round for him, having previously architected streaming for  Meridian and Sooloos.....  

Here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/whats-t...lay/6891/5

And here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/raat-an...hip/6915/2

The first reports coming in from people with RoonReady devices are that it just works flawlessly, even with DSD. Not just for some, not depending on operating system, and not for 40 minutes at a time on sunny Tuesday's in March and December only.  By all accounts so far it appears it works out of the box from day 1 for everyone and on the different hardware platforms custom streamers are built on.  

This is why it's best to stick to people's specialities.  Software isn't Devialet's - and that's being polite.

I still think it's worth every user who wants RoonReady to pester Devialet, at least until we know for sure (from the Roon guys) that they've been given the specs from Devialet, and have concluded whether or not its technically possible to put it into the Experts.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Simplest solution right now is a Squeezebox touch
Air never worked for me , so I use Roon/tidal into the SBT which roon uses as an endpoint ... then SPDIF to my D premier..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
I got an answer to my questions to Devialet about ROON and MQA.

This is what I wrote to them:

Quote:What is your plans regarding ROON and mqa?
Many high-end companys is going to support ROON ready is this something Devialet is considering? I have tried your AIR solution but that has so many problems that it is usless.
How about MQA support in the DAC? This year Tidal is going to start streaming MQA and to fully benefit from this the DAC must be implemented in the decoding of MQA is this somethinh Devialet is considering?

I bought Devialet just because I thougt you were up front with your products but lately it feels that Devialet is only focusing on Phantom and forgets all of us that got an Expert model. I think it is time for you to bring something to us Expert owners that many of us requests, like ROON support.

This is the answer from Devialet.

Quote:Dear Sir,
Please rest assured we did not forget about this demand !
We thought it would be nice to speak about this with our engineers.
They Just need a little time to take a thorough look at your message.
We will reply as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Océane
Customer Care
For more information, please visit our support site Devialet Support

I Think if we are on them about this they have to atleast look in to the possibility to get ROON ready.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I just today placed my second ( in about 4 months ) request for integration with Roon, be it via the RoonReady approach or otherwise. As they say, the more requests they get, the better. I am confident that the folks at Roon could help them knock this one out of the park.

Barr
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Yeah, maybe with more requests, Devialet may relent and make their Expert be RoonReady.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Maybe I should make a bold New Years prediction that this will be the year of RoonReady and/or Roon integration of some sort.

Get those ballots in now, the tide is changing....
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US