Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
I goot an answer regarding ROON and MQA today.

Quote:Dear Sir,
Thank you for your patience !
According to our talks with the team, Roon streaming and MQA are not in our short-term roadmap yet. Other projects have already used all our available ressources for now.
But following some non official communication with some engineers, it seems Devialet is becoming aware that these are great technologies!
I am thus quite confident that in the futur they could be completely compatible with our products.

Nevertheless, you can still use Roon using a regular USB connexion, this will work fine and allow you their music experience and the sound quality of our Expert units.
Best regards,
Océane
Customer Care

Today I use an Aries with USB so that is not the problem I want to only have a computer and stream directly to my D400 but that looks like I have to wait for that to happen.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I'm using A+ now via optical from a Mac Mini.
Happy with the sound, the new interface and iPad app and the Qobuz integration.
Still have the Mind, but its no longer better SQ wise.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1

(27-Jan-2016, 09:28)octaviars Wrote: ….
"Other projects have already used all our available ressources for now."

I wonder what those 'projects' are…..

Still, at least we know it's being considered for somewhere between the mid-term and an unknown time in the future.

Seriously though, if it takes off everywhere else and is technically possible to run on the experts, its going to be hard for the 'engineers' to ignore it.  It would pretty embarrassing if overnight a load of rival hifi manufacturers overtake Devialet in audiophile streaming capabilities.  

Unless of course Devialet resources are strained because they're busy putting the finishing touches to a completely redesigned, stable, and cross-platform 'Air2'. SmileSmile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

@Hifi_swlon....

Hah hah Air2....Wink

They replied back to my second request I put in after a 4 month gap, but I have not gotten a follow up yet.

"Hello,

I have asked the expert team to assist with your request. Please stand by for further Information.

Thank you."
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(27-Jan-2016, 23:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Unless of course Devialet resources are strained because they're busy putting the finishing touches to a completely redesigned, stable, and cross-platform 'Air2'. SmileSmile

Actually I got a message from Devialet support yesterday and they said that they are currently working on AIR.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Haha, that's good. Let's hope something good come out of it.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Perhaps Devialet is adapting AIR to be RoonReady in stead of the amp itself.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(28-Jan-2016, 08:48)Eddye Wrote: Perhaps Devialet is adapting AIR to be RoonReady in stead of the amp itself.

I think the definition of a 'RoonReady' device, is that the hardware has been tested/certified by RoonLabs, and that it implements their RAAT protocol for network connections.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(28-Jan-2016, 07:39)petrik Wrote:
(27-Jan-2016, 23:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Unless of course Devialet resources are strained because they're busy putting the finishing touches to a completely redesigned, stable, and cross-platform 'Air2'. SmileSmile

Actually I got a message from Devialet support yesterday and they said that they are currently working on AIR.

I'm sure they are, but personally I wouldn't get too excited…. Wink

It would be a nice surprise if they released something that worked reliably for everyone and on all the platforms and OS's people want to use, but I think its safe to say if they haven't nailed it by now they're probably not going to get there.  Because its funny how their main excuses of 'OS bugs' and 'home networks being connected to that dastardly old dropout inducing internet thingy' don't appear to cause other people's network audio streaming designs to fall over without explanation….

(11-Jan-2016, 23:06)Antoine Wrote: I've written it many times before (no offense) a standard off the shelf computer will sound better using AIR than USB. However USB can easily surpass AIR in quality after optimizing a PC as a music server. Unfortunately the/a NUC isn't really suited for this. A CAPS style PC for example is.

A new SonicOrbiter has just been released by the way, the SE. It's based on a low power Cubox.
…..
It might be a lot better, I don't know. Smile

Meanwhile….. a few very positive bits of feedback coming in about the SonicOrbiter SE over at Roon forums.  

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/have-yo...nt/6440/22

A snippet from one of them that made me laugh to myself…

Quote:….no hesitations, clicks or other artefacts along the way. I am a very happy customer.

…perhaps a previous Devialet Air user?   Big Grin  Big Grin