Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S/PDIF to AES/EBU Link and Audioprana Hybrid Cable
oh yes I understood. Master RCA to slave AES/EBU.
Thanks. I order one to audioprana
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
Oh oh there is a new one from audioprana
Cable 0.70 Ag occ cryo RCA Ag(*) cryo/XLR pure Ag (*) cryo 75->110 Ohms........320 € (NEW !)
(*) with body in precious wood
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
I can't really get my head around this
how is using RCA to AES/EBU making the improvements?

I would understand if it was AES/EBU to AES/EBU

am i just not seeing something guys?
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(28-Nov-2015, 03:17)tyefighter Wrote: I can't really get my head around this

As I have understand the AES/EBU input is better than the RCA so this is going to give you better sound I use this but if it is better I really dont know.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(28-Nov-2015, 09:39)octaviars Wrote:
(28-Nov-2015, 03:17)tyefighter Wrote: I can't really get my head around this

As I have understand the AES/EBU input is better than the RCA so this is going to give you better sound I use this but if it is better I really dont know.

I understand the AES/EBU is a superior connection but if the output is coming via a RCA then there isnt any benefit to be gained in the first place
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
This advice comes from Devialet.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Indeed it does. And of course, everything they say is true. Especially about AIR.

I would like to understand how this cable can affect overall SQ when, as far as I can see, it is only driving one side of the stereo pair. Do I miss something?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
funny the advice comes from devialet when they dont supply an RCA to AES/EBU with their new master peice. they go RCA to RCA for the link
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(28-Nov-2015, 19:47)Zappydev Wrote: Indeed it does. And of course, everything they say is true. Especially about AIR.

I would like to understand how this cable can affect overall SQ when, as far as I can see, it is only driving one side of the stereo pair. Do I miss something?

this is how i am seeing it too
but then its only going to receive the quality of data that its being fed from a RCA and so cancels out any advantage the socket may have
...well at least thats my understanding

@completeluxury
very valid point

my guess any perceived SQ benefit is surely down the the better quality cable being used rather than the sockets being utilised?

The Cotswolds England
or its simply a trick played on us by our hearing.

Ive never cared much to investigate the difference in linking solutions myself so i dont have much to offer in the way of an opinion on the 2 linking methods.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)