Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM Lab coming to Oxford Audio Consultants
Hi Harry,

I don't understand exactly what the issue was. We were simply told that the testing had failed. I don't understand how they could be fundamentally different to the Fact8's that also have the bass/treble adjustments. Apparently they had tried c.6 months ago and had had the same issue?!?.

Confused, slight hitch with the Blades. One of our woofers measured 3dB lower than the rest and there could be a fault with our pair (Again? damn you, spoons!). I'd err on the side of caution and not use a profile that may be more anomalous. Valentine has the measurements so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.
(28-Nov-2015, 12:33)oxfordaudio Wrote: Hi Harry,

I don't understand exactly what the issue was. We were simply told that the testing had failed. I don't understand how they could be fundamentally different to the Fact8's that also have the bass/treble adjustments. Apparently they had tried c.6 months ago and had had the same issue?!?.

Confused, slight hitch with the Blades. One of our woofers measured 3dB lower than the rest and there could be a fault with our pair (Again? damn you, spoons!). I'd err on the side of caution and not use a profile that may be more anomalous. Valentine has the measurements so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.

Many thanks for your response. It seems to be a bit of a mystery then, which makes the whole concept of SAM integration with loudspeakers even more confusing. I know from personal experience that it works with PMC Fact 8,s and also with KEF LS50's so why not with Fact 12's ?. Devialet seem to hold some cards close to their chest!
D440 Pro, Auralic Aries G1, Project Xtension 10, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Esoteric SA-50, Sonus Faber Olympica II, Audioquest cables. Mutec MC-3 + USB.
SAM is a byproduct from their work on the Phantoms which they adapted to utilise in the Expert range
as such it is continually being evolved when and if they come up with issues

my guess is there is something with the Fact 12's that may not be compatible with the current SAM Lab software
hopefully its something they will resolve
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(28-Nov-2015, 12:33)oxfordaudio Wrote: Hi Harry,

I recall that one of the woofers was replaced?  (Upper left, although my memory might be playing tricks)  This might just be a coincidence though? Plus, if the other seven drivers measure the same, I would have thought you could just ignore / replace the rough measurements? Maybe it's not that simple?
They demonstrated SAM lab to me whilst doing the Blades. One of the bass units measured movements was all over the place - IIRC it was the upper left, not just down in level but loads of troughs.
The upper and lower bass units had markedly different responses
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire