Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM and new speaker models
Do Devialet still work activly to SAM speakers ?

Seems to me that when looking for new speaker models , almost no-one is into the SAM register

When do a upgrade model need to be re.SAM ed ....any know ?

Like the new Countour 20, new JBL classic 100 , QLN prestige etc etc....

i mean bringing a speaker to France to get it SAMed Sad  find it strange that the Devialet don't have a system with their sales system that make sure new speaker models get SAMed 

Or is the hole classic serie in a way history within some years ? if no upgrades can be done or are done by manufactur
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Devialet is constantly generating new SAM profiles:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...thly-basis-
Devialet used to send a guy (don’t recall his name) out on a road trip to SAM speakers in country but that stopped I believe even before the pandemic. If you look at the link above you will see many (not all) speakers SAM’d with the assistance of local (French) distributors/dealer. If you are lucky enough to have speakers readily available in Paris then you should be OK.
I  have PMC IB2se speakers and have tried more than once to get PMC, via their French distributor, to organise something but they do not seem to carry this model so I am un-SAM’d.
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
I saw a movie on Youtube, which shows the process for generating the SAM profile.
Using speakers from a distributor / dealer is a solution, but it is not the best, especially if the speakers from the dealer are new and have not gone through the burn-in process. Ideally, the measurement should be made on your speakers and only after they have gone through the burn-in process (Devialet offers this service).
They are still doing it...
https://www.oxfordaudio.co.uk/put-it-in-...ovemember/
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(12-Oct-2021, 17:11)Soniclife Wrote: They are still doing it...
https://www.oxfordaudio.co.uk/put-it-in-...ovemember/

thanks for that, all booked in!
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

South East Wales, UK
Since I'm in the States, I need someone to bring a Graham Audio LS6/f speaker to them. I was hoping Oxford carried the line, but they don't. It's an uncommon pairing for a 250CI, but I like it. (Although, to be fair, I've not been exposed to many options. One day....)

#fingerscrossed
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
This would be a great opportunity for Devialet to SAM loads of new speakers, it’s in Paris after all.

https://www.parisaudiovideoshow.com/

PMC will be there but I very much doubt they will have my rather old, and not very common, IB2se’.

Shame cos me and cousin, who are now in our mid sixties will have to lug them to Oxford from South Wales to get them SAM’d.

Praise due to Oxford Audio, shame other dealers are not so pro-active in arranging this.

Of course other dealers might be doing but but i have not seen or heard anything.

South East Wales, UK
I emailed Devialet service to see if the company wanted to use my Falcon LS3/5as to create a SAM profile. There is one for Rogers LS3/5as but I’ve no reason to believe both speakers are comparable electromechanically

11/26/2021
DEVIALET-SAM: SPEAKER CALIBRATION IN THE AUDITORIUM
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria