Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM setting for Atohm GT1 and Dev200
When I bought my Devialet 170 -- now 200 -- when I lived in France in 2014, I elected also to purchase the Devialet-discounted Atohm GT1 special-edition speakers.  I am still satisfied with the combination.  As the GT1 was the first speaker to receive the SAM treatment, I think Devialet worked diligently on this SAM implementation.

So, a question for you who have the same combination: what setting do you use for SAM?  I have mine set at 100 percent and find it works well over a wide spectrum of music.  The bass is tight and, in fact, amazingly deep on some hi-rez material.  I recognize that speaker response is also room-dependent but I am still curious about possibly playing with the SAM settings based on others' experience.

Cheers, Flashman a.k.a. Michael Big Grin
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Up to 407 views but no replies.  Perhaps I am one of the few who purchased the Devialet-specific Atohm GT1s.  Or perhaps those who did purchase them are not on this forum. Huh
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(19-Mar-2018, 13:25)Flashman Wrote: Up to 407 views but no replies.  Perhaps I am one of the few who purchased the Devialet-specific Atohm GT1s.  Or perhaps those who did purchase them are not on this forum. Huh

Hello Flashman,

I had those specific GT1 when I bought a 120. Since then, I upgraded the 120 to 220 CI and sold the GT1 as I found them way too directive (which is normal for that kind of form factor).

Regarding the SAM settings, I always used them at 100% because the listening room was big enough to cope with the additional bass.

BR

Arnaud
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)
Thanks Arnaud. That's helpful information!
I've only briefly heard the GT1 at home. I agree with you that Devialet probably made extra efforts on SAM for these. I used them with my 250 and SAM at 100%. I think that is correct in most cases with the GT1. They are very nice speakers.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I am a new Devialet owner, having picked up an Expert 120 along with the Atohm GT1 speakers last week. I have spent the past few days tinkering with firmwares, configurations and speaker partnering (I have a few different pairs) and feel that different firmwares require different levels of SAM on the GT1s.

With firmware 7.1.3, the bass is very full sounding so I keep SAM at approx. 50% in my given listening room. With firmware 8.1.3, I adjust SAM to 75% to get the same sort of bass extension I got with 7.1.3. With the latest 10.1.0, I can run SAM 100% and still not close to the bass extension I got with 7.1.3 so I have come to the conclusion that it is very firmware specific, at least in my room on the 120.

Loving the GT1s by the way.
(19-Mar-2018, 19:41)ogs Wrote: I've only briefly heard the GT1 at home. I agree with you that Devialet probably made extra efforts on SAM for these. I used them with my 250 and SAM at 100%. I think that is correct in most cases with the GT1. They are very nice speakers.

Appreciate your feedback!
(20-Mar-2018, 02:05)prouddaddycdn Wrote: I am a new Devialet owner, having picked up an Expert 120 along with the Atohm GT1 speakers last week.  I have spent the past few days tinkering with firmwares, configurations and speaker partnering (I have a few different pairs) and feel that different firmwares require different levels of SAM on the GT1s.  

With firmware 7.1.3, the bass is very full sounding so I keep SAM at approx. 50% in my given listening room.   With firmware 8.1.3, I adjust SAM to 75% to get the same sort of bass extension I got with 7.1.3.  With the latest 10.1.0, I can run SAM 100% and still not close to the bass extension I got with 7.1.3 so I have come to the conclusion that it is very firmware specific, at least in my room on the 120.

Loving the GT1s by the way.
Appreciate your reply!  I also love the GT1s!
I understood from most contributors here in the forum that SAM does not create a big difference anymore using the latest firmware. I share the same opinion.
(22-Mar-2018, 20:31)Stino Wrote: I understood from most contributors here in the forum that SAM does not create a big difference anymore using the latest firmware. I share the same opinion.

I use SAM at 80% with my GT1's and have been very happy with them.