Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD card extension cable.
Got sick and tired everytime I need to get in my rack (my rack is built in the wall so I have acces to it from behind) and take off the cover and get the SD card out to change firmware or config. Ordered two extension cords so I can easy fiddle with the cards at the back of my rack and not disturb the amps. This would not cause any problems I think, well they did not cost so much so if it does not work it is not the biggest thing.

[Image: %24(KGrHqZHJCcE63YFJLmEBO3jhimnzQ~~60_57.JPG]
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Good thinking, that looks very handy!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Great idea! I was looking for something like that myself, even thought it would be nice to have a SD card switcher, ie to be able to insert 2 or 3 cards and switch between them so to be able to reboot the D with different FW easily...
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
LOVE the concept but wonder if the high Gb acceptance rating affects things the same way a higher-than say 4 or 8Gb card is currently suspected of doing. Its the same on my PSA DirectStream DAC... nothing above a 4Gb SDC works at all and its happiest with 2Gb! Would certainly make FW/Config updates easier and more convenient!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Great idea. Can get one very cheap, less than USD3.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

This also makes a nice antenna for RFI into the Devialet. OTOH so do many other cables so it may be my OCD talking here! Wink Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
there is a veritable maze of cables behind my cabinet its so hard to neaten them up to separate power from audio cables! you could always wrap that cable in aluminium tape to shield it from RFI
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(04-Aug-2015, 23:14)Manoet Wrote: LOVE the concept but wonder if the high Gb acceptance rating affects things the same way a higher-than say 4 or 8Gb card is currently suspected of doing. Its the same on my PSA DirectStream DAC... nothing above a 4Gb SDC works at all and its happiest with 2Gb! Would certainly make FW/Config updates easier and more convenient!

The way I interpreted the 16 gig is just the manufacturer showing it can handle 16 gig. It looks to me just so be a piece of flat cable with an SD card slot on one end and an SD card shaped connector on the other. I don't know why they chose 16 gig. Transfer speed can be an issue with flat cable. So my question would be, do SD cards over 16 gig work at higher speeds across the board?

Had another look; It's the body of an SD card. The sticker on it might not mean anything.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(05-Aug-2015, 23:21)Antoine Wrote: This also makes a nice antenna for RFI into the Devialet. OTOH so do many other cables so it may be my OCD talking here! Wink Big Grin

I have been thinking about this so maybe some sort of sheilding is going to be applied. Is a tinned copper braid going to work?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Got the cables today and before I put them in just for fun I wraped them with some aluminiumfoil and tested. Did not work, got an error message in the display "version error A384, DUET0504.HEX" so I removed the foil and then it worked perfectly. I dont now if this is good or bad and if I am going to use them if something is that sensitive.

Second system