Poll: Is this similar to yours in appearance?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Looks normal - same as mine
20.00%
1 20.00%
Seems to be a problem.
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side bass drivers protrusion
HI

I just set up my phantom gold speaker. Out of the box the driver units did a quick “dance” when setting up and we’re fairly set in the main body. However, after playing a few tracks loud, the drivers seem to be protruding quite a bit. Loud bass doesn’t seem to make the drivers go in much. 

Maybe I’m worrying more than I should, but would appreciate if someone could help confirm?

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(16-Dec-2017, 16:45)TiredGuy Wrote: HI

I just set up my phantom gold speaker. Out of the box the driver units did a quick “dance” when setting up and we’re fairly set in the main body. However, after playing a few tracks loud, the drivers seem to be protruding quite a bit. Loud bass doesn’t seem to make the drivers go in much. 

Maybe I’m worrying more than I should, but would appreciate if someone could help confirm?

Regards

Shouldn't be that far out when not pumping out the deepest of bass! Send a pic to Devialet support looks broken to me. Maybe a full reset - but that looks like hardware not software
Thanks for the response! Have asked Devialet support too..

Meanwhile, if you don’t mind my asking - do you have a phantom gold?
Yep Smile
Seems like I’m the ONLY one dealing with this bs issue. Wish I never bought this speaker...
This is something never seen before. Seems to be a one off. It could just be a software glitch or it could be an issue during the pressurised sealing of the enclosure. Either way Devialet will almost 100% replace the unit free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Just reach out to Devialet on the chat on the website and they will arrange the exchange for you asap Smile They have done this for me (for another reason) without any hassle!!
Happy owner of 2xGold Phantoms, 2xRemotes, Dialog w/Airplay and Cocoon
I am in the UAE where Devialet isn’t doing business directly, but through a reseller (called: Dubai Audio). I am sure this would make it an entirely painful process if I had to get it replaced as they’d have to ship to France and deal with Devialet on my behalf (taking their own time along the way), and that is after I would’ve struggled to explain the issue (as the unit still technically would “work”).

But, something strange - I disconnected power and left it for a few hours and the drivers seem to have retracted into the shell as they should! Not sure what’s going on..
(16-Dec-2017, 21:37)TiredGuy Wrote: I am in the UAE where Devialet isn’t doing business directly, but through a reseller (called: Dubai Audio). I am sure this would make it an entirely painful process if I had to get it replaced as they’d have to ship to France and deal with Devialet on my behalf (taking their own time along the way), and that is after I would’ve struggled to explain the issue (as the unit still technically would “work”).

But, something strange - I disconnected power and left it for a few hours and the drivers seem to have retracted into the shell as they should! Not sure what’s going on..

If you think you have a problem, talk to the dealer. He may well replace the unit if he thinks it’s faulty and sort out the replacement with Devialet. Let him earn his money! You’ve got nothing to loose.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
The dealer should still be honouring Devialet’s 45 day return policy as part of the terms of the agreement in the dealer reselling the product. So if you have to just return it and buy a new one. Will save you the trouble of replacement.

The dealer process though should be simple. You contact Devialet and the dealer. A replacement is organised. You give your old one to the dealer. They give you a new one same day.

If the drivers have gone back to normal now then I can’t see a problem. It could’ve just been a software glitch. Those drivers are extremely advance and are fully digitally controlled. Either way. They won’t be hurt at all from earlier as they’re designed to reach full excursion for as long as needed. If they’re normal now it should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)