Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Classic
New here;
Is there anybody here try to change the original power cable that comes with the speaker of your Phantom to after market power cable? If yes, Did you here any positive change in sound?
Thank you and Stay Safe.
none at all..!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(28-Jan-2021, 19:19)jvi Wrote: none at all..!

Is that because you have tried but couldn't hear a difference or because power cables can't possibly make a difference?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I tried more than one cable and I could not hear a difference. But the best test is, try for yourself.

(28-Jan-2021, 21:45)ogs Wrote:

Is that because you have tried but couldn't hear a difference or because power cables can't possibly make a difference?

I've experience from using 2x 3m aftermarket cables to my stereo Gold setup. First I've used Oehlback 1,5, mainly bought for the white color. From there went to SUPRA Lorad 2,5 CS, great improvment especially in the bass, I like the character of those and great value. Then I tried Supra Lorad 2,5 CS SPC, the silver coating. I didnt really like them, prefered the copper Supra Lorads and I thought it was great untill...

I have now running Audiquest Z3 cables, ok they are 4x the price of Supras, and the difference is massive, Bass is most noticable and overall higher resolution more refined. I had to move the Phantoms out from wall cause bass is def stronger/pounchier. Love them and in a few days will be getting expensive Audiquest Monsoons to try out if they best the Z3. Both AQ cables are copper wires. I think copper runs are the best from my testing so far. The AQ Z3 is a thick cable but fits in the Phantom slim socket. All connected to Audiqest Niagra 1200. From wall I have Furutech socket and dedicated futrutech cable run to separate dedicated for audio power so should be a clean line, maybe that helps to get the big differencies Im hearing.
(28-Jan-2021, 23:17)trexy Wrote:

I've experience from using 2x 3m aftermarket cables to my stereo Gold setup. First I've used Oehlback 1,5, mainly bought for the white color. From there went to SUPRA Lorad 2,5 CS, great improvment especially in the bass, I like the character of those and great value. Then I tried Supra Lorad 2,5 CS SPC, the silver coating. I didnt really like them, prefered the copper Supra Lorads and I thought it was great untill...

I have now running Audiquest Z3 cables, ok they are 4x the price of Supras, and the difference is massive, Bass is most noticable and overall higher resolution more refined. I had to move the Phantoms out from wall cause bass is def stronger/pounchier. Love them and in a few days will be getting expensive Audiquest Monsoons to try out if they best the Z3. Both AQ cables are copper wires. I think copper runs are the best from my testing so far. The AQ Z3 is a thick cable but fits in the Phantom slim socket. All connected to Audiqest Niagra 1200. From wall I have Furutech socket and dedicated futrutech cable run to separate dedicated for audio power so should be a clean line, maybe that helps to get the big differencies Im hearing.

+1 yes it makes a big difference  with the AQ niagara and the Z3 to the golds.
I have experienced wit alot of cables. But this was the best in my case.

The cable to the niagara 1200 is the AQ blizzard. The blizzard to the golds was on my case not a good match.

I have also the ethernet wired and with the uptone Etherregen and the farad super 3 LPS with AQ monsoon (was on this place the best combination) with great results.
(29-Jan-2021, 11:14)Johnnydev Wrote: +1 yes it makes a big difference  with the AQ niagara and the Z3 to the golds.
I have experienced wit alot of cables. But this was the best in my case.

The cable to the niagara 1200 is the AQ blizzard. The blizzard to the golds was on my case not a good match.

I have also the ethernet wired and with the uptone Etherregen and the farad super 3 LPS with AQ monsoon (was on this place the best combination) with great results.

Very interesting. So what was the character /difference with the Blizzarrd on the Golds you didnt like? Did you compare AQ Z3 against Blizzard only or did you try the Monsoon also on the Golds?

Your setup seams very similar to mine. 

I use ethernet wired to a Paul Pang switch with separate LPS and OCXO Clock unit.

At the moment I have AQ Z3 to switch and also from wall to AQ Niagara and quite happy, but tempting to go higher in the AQ offerings.

Regarding cable from wallsocket to Niagra, I would like to know more about your findings. Maybe I should put up the Blizzard on the list to test on that spot?

How would you describe differencies from AQ Z3, Monsoon and the Blizzard? All seams to be copper.
The blizzards sounded in the golds and ethernet system. bare, not musical.

the monsoons sounded the best to the farads super 3, which i got to the uptone EtherRegen, but also to my modem and router. there was it the choice between the Z3 and the Monsoons, the monsoons have become permanent. More clearer sound and live feeling.

The Z3's have stayed to the golds, most musically in my case.

As power to the niagara I have tried the Z3, monsoon and now the blizzard, which completely surprised me in that place. was by far certainly the best sounding in that place and the z3 the least.

I've had them all in all places for a long time to be able to judge them.
(28-Jan-2021, 23:17)trex Wrote:

Thanks for your reply. 
Some people didnt hear the difference and don't trust the after market power cable etc. and I respect them but in my case I believe there are differences.
The reason I ask this question cause I just got my Phantom classic silver pair and it's my first time to have this kind of speaker and im new in the forum. I have a main 2 channel setup so this Phantom speakers are new to me.
I like the sound of the Phantom if you set it up correctly and can compare them to my main 2 channel rig not far in sound. 
So far I'm doing streaming with the phantom using optical. The new Devialet app was really good my firmware was 2.11.5 
I read here in the forum that people having problem with the apps before but so far the apps running stable and good. 
So Im using optical from denafrips iris and im using Aurender nh100 music streaming.
My Phantom speaker was in the stand they called it Tree. So the stand has own plug with white power cable and dont know what brand. And im having problems with the power cord cause the stand has its own plug for the power cable. 
Thank you to those who replied to my post.
So the cable makes the one and zeros jump to atomic state and magically sounds better ?

I can understand people claiming hearing differences in analog setup but this is pure placebo at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk