Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon's system
(03-Apr-2020, 23:52)Norty Wrote:
(02-Apr-2020, 17:44)sdn660 Wrote:
(02-Apr-2020, 06:28)georgev Wrote: If you can, over time, get another 220, you will find it even better.
The headroom increases. Slightly better definition.
I tried one 250ci on my G3’s and then the 1000.
Also tried two DP’s vs one.
Beautiful system.

Thank you George. I could easily image Sabrina would benefit from another 220. Better not try it now.  Maybe my next upgrade...
Sabrina’s are on my list of speakers to replace my B&W804 D2’s. However I do not play very load, max would be -35db as shown on the Devialet. How are the Sabrina’s at lower volumes?

I checked the specs of your speakers and they are 90 dB. Sabrina needs more power. Sensitivity is 87 dB. I usually play a few dB’s louder than -35dB. So perhaps we both play at virtually the same spl level.

B&W, at least d3, has a very different tonal balance (#36). I cannot rever to d2, because it has been too long that I heard them. The “forward” sound of B&W may be advantageous in experiencing low level detail at low spl levels. Sabrina‘s sound more natural to my ears.

I would say Sabrina’s perform at any spl level.
But please don’t take my word for it. After all sound quality is a highly subjective topic.
Hope this helps ..

Simon

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
Thanks Simon

this was of help and will keep the Sabrina's in the short list.  Fortunately there is a Devialet dealer an hour away that sells Wilson as well.  My listening may be closer to yours than i stated.  I forgot that when I put the PS12 in the system it seems to play loader and changed by about 2db.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
Hello Norty,

The dealer I bought the speakers from recommends Devialet 140/220 and Pass INT-25/60 to match the Sabrina’s. I agree Devialet is a good match Smile
Nice to have a dealer that is just an hour away. Then you can listen and decide if this is the match you are looking for. 

Simon

Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Yes, very lucky on the dealer.....according to Wilson there are only 2 other dealers in Canada, one is a 6 hour drive east and the other is a 5 hour flight west!
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
yes nice catch on the Sabrina's. Had the Watt Puppy's in an earlier life and truly loved their sound. Congratulations.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Thanks Jim.
Your signature shows you own Blades Two now. I love both their sound and appearance. I’m sure they are fantastic speakers when powered by 1000 pro.

Recently I replaced my Wilson Sabrina’s for Magico A5’s (system overview: #1).

Both are fantastic, non fatiguing speakers and match very well with Devialet.
Sabrina sounds a little bit warmer. Magico sounds a bit more open and bass is more controlled.

I am very pleased with the result.