Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep mode does not work - Apple TV interferes with the remote control receiver
Chiming in. Just purchased a 140 Pro and my remote stops working until I power up the unit and then fully power it down. The remote then works for a short time, but eventually disconnects and nothing has fixed it after full troubleshooting. Devialet support mentioned the Apple TV which I definitely have, and that led me here. Super annoying, especially since there’s no shot for a proper fix, but at least I know the remote is working as normal.
(22-Mar-2023, 09:35)haber Wrote: This is interesting. I have had the same problem lately, after I got an apple TV box in the house. The Apple TV is located directly below, on the floor below the room where I have my Devialet Expert 220. What now happens is that if I put the amplifier in sleep mode by ba short press on the remote control (or using the app), the amplifier stays in standby mode as it should. If I turn it off with a long press on the remote control, the amplifier turns on again after a few minutes. If I turn it off with the front button on the amplifier, it remains switched off. This happens even if the Apple TV is not in use (switched off), but connected to power. Haven't tried unplugging the Apple TV yet,  to see what happens then. Another thing, which I haven't noticed before, to turn off the amp with the front button I have to do a long press. By pressing it briefly, I just change the source. Maybe it's normal and I just haven't tried it before?

Same problem here with my D-Priemer. I also have an Apple TV 4K upstairs attached to my TV. I initially noticed this behavior when I installed a Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport. Based on this thread it seems like this was a coincidence. BTW when I contacted Audiolab for advice/fix they did not reply.

I wonder if anyone here has any insight to modifying the Devielet software (hacking) to eliminate this problem. As the Expert line is no longer being updated this seems like the only route. Apple is probably following accepted Bluetooth protocol so the root of the problem is likely with the Devialet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hg
(11-Nov-2023, 23:05)simplicate Wrote:
(22-Mar-2023, 09:35)haber Wrote: This is interesting. I have had the same problem lately, after I got an apple TV box in the house. The Apple TV is located directly below, on the floor below the room where I have my Devialet Expert 220. What now happens is that if I put the amplifier in sleep mode by ba short press on the remote control (or using the app), the amplifier stays in standby mode as it should. If I turn it off with a long press on the remote control, the amplifier turns on again after a few minutes. If I turn it off with the front button on the amplifier, it remains switched off. This happens even if the Apple TV is not in use (switched off), but connected to power. Haven't tried unplugging the Apple TV yet,  to see what happens then. Another thing, which I haven't noticed before, to turn off the amp with the front button I have to do a long press. By pressing it briefly, I just change the source. Maybe it's normal and I just haven't tried it before?

Same problem here with my D-Priemer. I also have an Apple TV 4K upstairs attached to my TV. I initially noticed this behavior when I installed a Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport. Based on this thread it seems like this was a coincidence. BTW when I contacted Audiolab for advice/fix they did not reply.

I wonder if anyone here has any insight to modifying the Devielet software (hacking) to eliminate this problem. As the Expert line is no longer being updated this seems like the only route. Apple is probably following accepted Bluetooth protocol so the root of the problem is likely with the Devialet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hg

You can check this topic:
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Expert-P...expectedly

It has nothing to do with bluetooth. It's the Zigbee protocol between remote and amp.
The Apple-box uses also Zigbee. It switches the amp ON(quite often) and OFF(rarely).
Devialet is aware of this. Please create a ticket at Devialet customer care.
Devialet 440pro Core Infinity - Auralic Vega G2 - B&W 803 D4
(12-Nov-2023, 12:23)Ron Wrote:
(11-Nov-2023, 23:05)simplicate Wrote:

Anyone have any ideas?

Hg

Question added:

I have been gone for a long time... Please provide an email link to start a Trouble ticket with Devialet on this topic. Thanks 

You can check this topic:
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Expert-P...expectedly

It has nothing to do with bluetooth. It's the Zigbee protocol between remote and amp.
The Apple-box uses also Zigbee. It switches the amp ON(quite often) and OFF(rarely).
Devialet is aware of this. Please create a ticket at Devialet customer care.
Thanks Ron I had no idea that Apple TV 4K used Zigbee. Per your suggestion I will start a trouble ticket with Devialet. If they do not do anything - after all they announced long ago that they were not doing updates anymore - then I will look into having one of my software guys hack into it. It no doubt runs a Linux distribution and is not locked up too tight. In my case it just fails to go into sleep mode automatically so I just have to remember to long-push when shutting down. I'll drop by here in a few months and update.
OK I have some updates. I contacted Devialet support and they replied with some maintenance type suggestions. A reasonable first attempt at trouble shooting. However before working that approach I thought why not unplug AppleTV 4K and note behavior. Result: no difference -  D-Premier turns on and off randomly as a CD plays.

I next read some of the other inputs on the treads here and thought I would try turning system off with long press on D Remote. D-Premier stays off as designed. Also plays through CD without interruption when started from D Remote.

I also have other info of Apple TV and HomePod communication but probably irrelevant.

Please try this and comment.

Hg
Hi Simplicate,

The Apple-box belongs to my downstairs neighbor, so i can't unplug the unit.
Someone else here discovered, the problems start as soon the unit is plugged into the mains.

I don't know what the function of the broadcasts of the Apple box is. Do you have a HomePod too? Maybe you should unplug both? The HomePod broadcasts also?

A long press on the remote switches the amp off, but it switches on again, after a few minutes.
A long press on the amp front-button keeps it off. That's what i do now, to switch it off.
Devialet gave me the impression, that the communication between amp and remote, is different through the different product-lines. I have a 440. If you upgrade your amp, your remote also needs an upgrade.
Devialet 440pro Core Infinity - Auralic Vega G2 - B&W 803 D4
(30-Dec-2023, 21:44)Ron Wrote: Hi Simplicate,

The Apple-box belongs to my downstairs neighbor, so i can't unplug the unit.
Someone else here discovered, the problems start as soon the unit is plugged into the mains.

I don't know what the function of the broadcasts of the Apple box is. Do you have a HomePod too? Maybe you should unplug both? The HomePod broadcasts also?

A long press on the remote switches the amp off, but it switches on again, after a few minutes.
A long press on the amp front-button keeps it off. That's what i do now, to switch it off.
Devialet gave me the impression, that the communication between amp and remote, is different through the different product-lines. I have a 440. If you upgrade your amp, your remote also needs an upgrade.

Ron sorry been away from forum. I do have 6 Home pods. When I did my test I did unplug the ATV. I will try again when I have a moment but the long push and start from remote has been working for me.

This weekend I will also try the maintenance type directions from D support.