Poll: Planning to upgrade to Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, am very likely to upgrade
23.63%
43 23.63%
No, not looking to upgrade
26.37%
48 26.37%
Waiting to get more information about SQ or other benefits
50.00%
91 50.00%
Total 182 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro?
(19-Aug-2016, 20:06)BjornWiman Wrote: ...Will upgrade my 250 to "Pro"- status...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I think if you have a 250, then you have two options if you want better sound; buy another and go dual-mono, or, for a lot less money, go Pro. 

If you go for the Pro option, which I am planning to do, there is still the option of going dual mono at a later date. 

Given that the 250 is already an amazing one-box solution, the 250 Pro seems a obvious move.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(20-Aug-2016, 12:35)ozthepoz Wrote:
(19-Aug-2016, 20:06)BjornWiman Wrote: ...Will upgrade my 250 to "Pro"- status...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I think if you have a 250, then you have two options if you want better sound; buy another and go dual-mono, or, for a lot less money, go Pro. 

If you go for the Pro option, which I am planning to do, there is still the option of going dual mono at a later date. 

Given that the 250 is already an amazing one-box solution, the 250 Pro seems a obvious move.

Actually, having myself gone from 250, then 800 and more recently listened to the 1000 Pro, I reckon that the 250 Pro, depending on speakers, could easily sound better than the D800.  Plus there is a third option here, buy a companion to go D800, and upgrade the pair to Pro. Shy   Not the cheapest solution though, I must admit.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
it's so difficult to say... i did hear the 800 and 1000 in the same venue tho, and the 1000pro seemed quite far above. Damn hard to extrapolate on 250pro vs 250 sound, impossible. My gut tells me that the 250pro should be damn nice.

Then again, my gut just made me go the 1000pro route Big Grin

Dedicated Intel 2600k JRiver :: 1000Pro :: Vivid Audio Giya G2
Main Workstation :: 220Pro :: B&W CDM1 SE
(03-Aug-2016, 09:07)ogs Wrote: I will also be waiting to see. I am sceptical about the new Devialet OS thing that I guess is mandatory when the new streamer board comes along. There is simply too little information about the real improvements.
I am also deeply worried by something Confused wrote reporting from the Oxford Audio event. Mathieu Pernot  says Devialet only uses measurements to verify their developments. They never listen  Huh   Pernot says something stupid about trusting lab equipment but not his listening skills. While it is good to have measurement backup when you develop audio reproduction, not listening to changes you make is bad practice in my book. I do not believe the original Devialet ADH was developed by measurement alone.
I may move on to something else for this reason alone.

I think that Quad, those terrible British amplifiers used to only use measurements for their amplifiers and never listened to them to test either.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(15-Sep-2016, 09:56)NickB Wrote:
(03-Aug-2016, 09:07)ogs Wrote: I will also be waiting to see. I am sceptical about the new Devialet OS thing that I guess is mandatory when the new streamer board comes along. There is simply too little information about the real improvements.
I am also deeply worried by something Confused wrote reporting from the Oxford Audio event. Mathieu Pernot  says Devialet only uses measurements to verify their developments. They never listen  Huh   Pernot says something stupid about trusting lab equipment but not his listening skills. While it is good to have measurement backup when you develop audio reproduction, not listening to changes you make is bad practice in my book. I do not believe the original Devialet ADH was developed by measurement alone.

I think that Quad, those terrible British amplifiers used to only use measurements for their amplifiers and never listened to them to test either.

Ah no, the Quad 405 in particular, did not sound very good. As Devialet have reduced the upgrade price for some of the models I will go for an upgrade of my 250. It is probably good and if I decide to part with it I hope a Pro is easier to sell. The Kii THREE is very tempting, but a pair of Phantom Gold is also a possibility.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
The upgrade option is as already said very often, when you own a 200 not a balanced priced one... For me, owning the 200 just over a year it's far too expensive.
But then again, we get the next upgrade option in about 5 years. By then it's far more interesting for me to consider...
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
Did anyone receive the order link for the upgrade? Shouldn't it start today?
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos

Goldmund too I have been told.
The problem with listening evaluation is that the placebo effect means that it is quite possible to hear a difference when there is none.
I have listened to music with Mathieu extensively as well as discussed many technical aspects over the last 5 years. I would trust his judgement 1000x more than any of the opinions I see frequently on hifi discussion forums, personally. Many of them verge on the lunatic.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(15-Sep-2016, 14:28)f1eng Wrote:

The problem with listening evaluation is that the placebo effect means that it is quite possible to hear a difference when there is none.
I have listened to music with Mathieu extensively as well as discussed many technical aspects over the last 5 years. I would trust his judgement 1000x more than any of the opinions I see frequently on hifi discussion forums, personally. Many of them verge on the lunatic.

No, the human brain is an infallible piece of measuring equipment and never makes mistakes or confuses anything, a little like HAL.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(15-Sep-2016, 15:13)NickB Wrote:
(15-Sep-2016, 14:28)f1eng Wrote:
(15-Sep-2016, 09:56)NickB Wrote: I think that Quad, those terrible British amplifiers used to only use measurements for their amplifiers and never listened to them to test either.

No, the human brain is an infallible piece of measuring equipment and never makes mistakes or confuses anything, a little like HAL.
Well my brain is fallible & sometimes confused, but it did listen to a Pro and it thought it was one of the best things it had ever heard.  That's all that matters to me! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12