Poll: Planning to upgrade to Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, am very likely to upgrade
23.63%
43 23.63%
No, not looking to upgrade
26.37%
48 26.37%
Waiting to get more information about SQ or other benefits
50.00%
91 50.00%
Total 182 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro?
I wasn't sure if I was going to upgrade my D200, so I bought another companion. However, I bought a pair of D-premiers last week and upgrade to 1000pro becomes a no-brainer with those. Couple of reviews so far seem to be excellent for 1000pro. I might have to sell my D400 to finance the upgrade of my D-premiers.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
My 800 is winging it's way back to it's maker, literally. Sent on Friday, arrived Stanstead and flew off to Cologne and spent a quiet weekend there before flying back to Stanstead this morning. Told by UPS it will arrive at it's destination late tomorrow (Tuesday). Could have had a weekend of music as usual but as they say that's life.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(10-Oct-2016, 21:08)sam1000 Wrote: I wasn't sure if I was going to upgrade my D200, so I bought another companion.  However, I bought a pair of D-premiers last week and upgrade to 1000pro becomes a no-brainer with those. Couple of reviews so far seem to be excellent for 1000pro. I might have to sell my D400 to finance the upgrade of my D-premiers.

Yup, the D-premier upgrade is a no brainer - certainly compared to the 200.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I am considering the upgrade but am a bit confused about the pricing. Does the price change when you enter your serial number?

I have one of the new D250 after upgrading from a D200 after upgrading from a D120.

My build is from December 2015 and the price that is being quoted when I enter my serial number is the full rate of 3,490 Euro's. I am being told by one of my friends who is upgrading his D200 that his price dropped to approximately $3,000 US once his serial number and dealer code was entered.

Is he wrong or am I not getting some hidden discount? My Serial number and Dealer code have been accepted from what I see on the order page.

Thanks in advance.

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
My best understanding of the upgrade discounts is they apply if:

-you purchased new in 2016
-you purchased anything (except a d-premier) ex-dem or second hand from a dealer in 2016.
-you previously upgraded a d-premier to a 250.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(22-Oct-2016, 18:49)Hifi_swlon Wrote: My best understanding of the upgrade discounts is they apply if:

-you purchased new in 2016
-you purchased anything (except a d-premier) from a dealer in 2016 - which includes ex-dem and second hand.
-you previously upgraded a d-premier to a 250.

Thanks Hifi_swlon. Explains the price difference, (my twin brother who has the 200 bought it in January this year so he gets the discount).

Cheers

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
The upgrade started in US & Canada this week, I have ordered the upgrade 440>440PRO

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

This week I looked into the upgrade costs more carefully. Having a D120, I understand that I get 'a good deal' in terms of total cash outlay for a D220 Pro; the original cost plus the upgrade is less than the price of a D220 P, which here in Canada is a penny or dollar under $14,000.00.

Paying for the upgrade, done through the Devialet website is 3,450 Euros. It does say it includes all taxes and duties. That will be about $5,200.00 CDN. The dealer price shows a cost close to $6,000.00.

I'm not quibbling with the cost or 'value' of the upgrade, but I wondering why I would make such an investment. By that I mean that I did not buy a D200 18 months ago, so why would I be considering it now? If there was no upgrade path, I certainly would not be considering a new Pro. If there were no new Pro line, I would continue happily with my D120.

I'm certainly interested in the improvements, and I read the posts from others who have the upgrade or who have listened at dealers. I think that I've been caught up in the idea of having the new and current item; an even better version of the amp that I am still crazy about.

I'm not a constant upgrader, and I don't play in the hi-fi hobby by always looking or searching for changes and improvements to my system. If I listened to music and found myself feeling that I wasn't getting what I wanted, then I would go out and snoop around for ways to improve the system. But in truth, I'm very happy with what I have.

I'm really just musing out loud her (in type), and trying to re-balance my own perspective on whether I will do the upgrade. Of course, If I didn't think that others would have some valuable thoughts and comments, I would not write here, so comments are very welcome.

Do any other D120 owners feel themselves in a similar quandary?
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I guess if you're happy, and in no rush to upgrade then why bother?

That said, if you forget about the existence of the upgrade program for a minute, and picture an imaginary deal of a 220Pro as a trade in of your 120 plus 3450 Euro, and this seemed like a deal 'too good to miss' and you had the spare cash, then it would probably make sense.

The tricky bit is will the upgrade window really end? If not, then there's absolutely no rush. If it will, you might as well get in soon and get a few more months enjoyment out of your pro. If I had a 120 I'd jump at it purely because deals like that don't happen often. Smile

Hi Damon:
You are where I want to be. Happy enjoying music with the gear you selected.
I have changed my amp 3 times this year and wonder where does it end :-(. Having said that, I'll be upgrading and hoping that I stay satisfied for at least few years :-)
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1