Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some sign of Expert line
I was just pleased to see the Expert Pro product in the questionnaire. I will get excited if it actually generates something useful. Not holding my breadth, but sure would be nice to learn that the Expert Pro is not just a legacy product.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Maybe spreading the link to the questionnaire is helpful.
I wish that if they were going to prioritise other things, that they'd open up the CI aspect to allow third parties or hobbyist devs to use it. Even a REST API to enable switching sources, changing volume, etc programmatically would be nice. I'll also continue to (not) hold my breath for native Airplay 2, and an ability to remove unneeded sources (Spotify, etc).
Yes enabling / disabling inputs as well as further settings via a web frontend should be standard nowadays.
in my opinion the web frontend is not so important and for some not even useful. I have stopped using the CI board, the Ethernet-port and Wifi is disabled. A web frontend would not work under these conditions anyway. I'm also not changing the configuration frequently.
Fixing bugs and improving the CI SQ would be of a much higher importance for me. But I must also say that my current setup is working perfectly and I'm not limited by any of the bugs I have discovered so far.
I am absolutely with you on SQ as the most important area.
And there are a number of vendors which are releasing firmware updates to improve their FPGA / DAC performance yielding exactly better SQ like https://www.vinshineaudio.com/denafrips-...are-update

Over the years there are far more advanced compiler settings etc so there are improvements available for the Devialet developers within hours to achieve!
That is what makes me so sad to see such „low hanging fruits“ not used
(21-Mar-2023, 20:59)markush Wrote: I am absolutely with you on SQ as the most important area.
And there are a number of vendors which are releasing firmware updates to improve their FPGA / DAC performance yielding exactly better SQ like https://www.vinshineaudio.com/denafrips-...are-update

Over the years there are far more advanced compiler settings etc so there are improvements available for the Devialet developers within hours to achieve!
That is what makes me so sad to see such „low hanging fruits“ not used

Ehh, Devialet doesn’t use an FPGA for DA conversion…
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Well that example I just came across that day, some kind of a „symbol“ for what a software / firmware update is capable of. Better let’s keep it precisely on Devialet, in the past there have been updates that noticeable changed the performance output & sound quality.
It’s just a matter of keeping to do it at Devialet.
I was playing with ChatGPT and I wanted to have some fun about Devialet's firmware releases and had this conversation, it is pretty interesting that ChatGPT belives the most recent firmware for Devialet Expert Pro devices was 13.3.3 and it was released in August, 2021 and it has a reference link but of course that link gives a 404. Maybe Devialet planned a firmware release for Expert Pro but failed on passing the QA and cancelled it. You can see my conversation in the attachments.

And still the product is ‘out of stock’ on Devialet site, which it has been for some months now.

I asked my local dealer last week if product has been retired who said Devialet was having manufacturing issues, but not supply chain/ componentry shortages as I was expecting, but rather to do with the product packaging marking the chrome casing in transit.

Make of that what you will. I can’t help but feeling someone is playing us for fools here.
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable