Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something strange happened today!
After days of perfect experiences with the phantom something strange happened this afternoon:
while I was listening to music i heard a loud click! then the music stopped suddenly followed by a very loud hissing noise.
i had to pull the plug to stop it
After I replugged and relaunched spark it worked again
anyone else had this experience?
What the Hell....
Hi
Never experienced that noise here... But will start monitoring...
You better check with Devialet support if they've come accross similar issue recently...
Good luck
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
have asked Devialet, will post their reply when I get it.
I bought a Silver Phantom today, listened to it for a few hours with no issues then it did the same thing as you mentioned. Music stopped half way through a song and started hissing like the sound you used to get years ago when the tv channels went offline overnight.

I fast forwarded the track and the hissing went away but the track then started pausing for a couple of seconds and starting again for no reason.

I was pretty happy with the Phantom up until the above issues started. Hopefully it is just a glitch that I don't hear from again.
Yes, that's the same for me, but it only happened once. Devialet did some online tests then asked me a few weeks later for me to send them the actual audio file, but unfortuntley I couldn´t remember which tune I was playing when it happened, so they couldn´t do any more about it. But since the first and only time i happened all has been great and the Phantom seems to sound better and better everyday Smile
(04-Oct-2015, 21:08)ChalleB Wrote: After days of perfect experiences with the phantom something strange happened this afternoon:
while I was listening to music i heard a loud click! then the music stopped suddenly followed by a very loud hissing noise.

Well, it seems that the white noise virus has infected the Phantoms as well... Huh
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(04-Oct-2015, 21:08)ChalleB Wrote: After days of perfect experiences with the phantom something strange happened this afternoon:

Probably a power voltage drop?

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net