Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonore Streamers
(23-Feb-2016, 15:17)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(23-Feb-2016, 14:37)Womaz Wrote:
(23-Feb-2016, 13:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Its not quite as compact either, which was definitely a key reason for me taking the N1A off the 'for consideration' list.

You should demo it in your system......don't discount it ?

Haha, no, can't do it.  No doubt it sounds good, its definitely scored serious praise but I'm refusing to add a hifi box back to the lounge after removing them all (well, all but one being the idea) and selling my rack.  The mac mini I've learned to live with in the meantime, but only temporarily... Now, if they could remove the HDDs and make it the size of a raspberryPi or similar (and add Roon), they'd have me.Wink

And don't discount those re-clockers Womaz, once your new speakers settle in, they'll be crying out for them! Wink

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Very funny guys, all the jokes about multiple reclockers etc.  Angry  Wink

We're all different, I personally don't like being limited to what the manufacturer of a certain streamer/music server will or will not release and being stuck to that, whether it works to my liking or not, so I have built my own solution. Maximum flexibility, maximum choice and great results, fully to my liking. For some this approach creates maximum confusion as well but not for me. In my core I am an engineer (through education as well and even profession, which is in IT now) so I actually like all this and feel I'm good at it. This is also all much easier than what I do in my day job where things are much more complex. Smile

To each his own. Let's just enjoy what we have and be happy about the things we do or choose to not do.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(23-Feb-2016, 15:02)Antoine Wrote: It's all "hype" now, though of course promising.
Well, we've got to cling on to something...

(23-Feb-2016, 15:02)Antoine Wrote: But I think I'll wait buying it until the official introduction and all the details and probably as well until at least until some user reports drop in.

Damn, I thought you'd be one of the first adopters….. Ideally we need an early adopter to be someone Roon-loving and with a nice high-end streamer (or two) to compare to Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(23-Feb-2016, 15:19)Antoine Wrote: Very funny guys, all the jokes about multiple reclockers etc.  Angry  Wink

We're all different, I personally don't like being limited to what the manufacturer of a certain streamer/music server will or will not release and being stuck to that, whether it works to my liking or not, so I have built my own solution. Maximum flexibility, maximum choice and great results, fully to my liking. For some this approach creates maximum confusion as well but not for me. In my core I am an engineer (through education as well and even profession, which is in IT now) so I actually like all this and feel I'm good at it. This is also all much easier than what I do in my day job where things are much more complex. Smile

To each his own. Let's just enjoy what we have and be happy about the things we do or choose to not do.

I agree I did say I admired the dedication some of you guys show in building your systems....I also get to see the posts and learn from them. No offense was meant at all.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Hi Womaz, I know you did and I'm not offended although it seems I did feel a need to 'defend' myself a little so maybe I'm not being fully honest here. No seriously, it's all OK. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(23-Feb-2016, 15:22)Womaz Wrote: No offense was meant at all.

Same here! (just incase it wasn't obvious).

We're all striving for the same thing, although in my case I have the interest but I lack the time and certainly the skills/devotion to make a solution myself.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(23-Feb-2016, 15:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(23-Feb-2016, 15:02)Antoine Wrote: It's all "hype" now, though of course promising.
Well, we've got to cling on to something...

(23-Feb-2016, 15:02)Antoine Wrote: But I think I'll wait buying it until the official introduction and all the details and probably as well until at least until some user reports drop in.

Damn, I thought you'd be one of the first adopters….. Ideally we need an early adopter to be someone Roon-loving and with a nice high-end streamer (or two) to compare to Big Grin

Perhaps hype was a too strong word, with it I meant we don't have all details yet and the product isn't on the market yet, though it's already being hailed as the great saviour. (not especially here, mostly on CA)

I am really enthousiastic about it though and I'm not even a Roon user yet. Actually I was waiting for a device like this to start my own Roon experience. So that early adopter, who also is a Roon lover is probably going to be you! Smile

The Netherlands
(23-Feb-2016, 15:54)Antoine Wrote: So that early adopter, who also is a Roon lover is probably going to be you! Smile

Actually, I've got a feeling it might be you know. Big Grin

But I'm not that brave so I'm going to at least wait for a few other adopters to try it first - I'm sure there will be a few on CA (or perhaps slightly more 'down to earth') on Roons forums…

And while I'll be more than happy to post a comparison if I get one, I'm not sure a showdown against a mac mini's going to be of much use/interest to anyone!

(23-Feb-2016, 14:36)Womaz Wrote:
(23-Feb-2016, 14:02)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(23-Feb-2016, 13:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Its not quite as compact either, which was definitely a key reason for me taking the N1A off the 'for consideration' list.

Well no, but neither is my 4 bay QNAP NAS that sits on my desk. With my d1 server plus external power supply, that's 3 boxes. Not to mention all the other stuff in between. 

The N1A replaces the lot! AND it sounds better than most other sources I have heard. OK the Aurender W20 is really nice - but it's £13k. I haven't spent enough time with Request's the Beast to be 100% but that's nearly £30k, and that thing is a monster. My favourite source is probably the Melco N1Z, that thing smokes! But it's £6,300.

Pound for pound I don't think anything comes close to the N1A. It's a steal.

However! It's not Roon ready. Yet.

Guillaume

I have to agree with this after having the N1A for 4 months now. I look at all these posts about reclocking, optimising networks and linear power supplies etc and just think I am pleased I chose the Melco as all this is taken care of. Well that's my understanding anyway.
I was worried that I would not get the SQ of AIR and I now think it surpasses it. It's hard to be definite as I can't compare. But from what I remember it just added more detail and clarity.
Also the fact that I replaced my ugly NAS drive, I think it's a great product. Also noticed at a lot of Hifi shows and events a lot of products are being demoed with Melco products , that must say something.........roll on the Melco app  Big Grin

Simplicity + excellence  = elegance and undeniable enjoyment. Big Grin It took me a while to reach this plateau. I had loads of fun with all of the tweaks and bits and integration of disparate equipment BUT I never enjoyed the sound as much as I do now. I may upgrade my equipment but I am determined to keep the same simple configuration.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(23-Feb-2016, 15:19)Antoine Wrote: Very funny guys, all the jokes about multiple reclockers etc.  Angry  Wink

My comment about adding a re-clocker(s) after a Melco was actually far more serious that it might have appeared.  Who knows, this might work splendidly well?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12