Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos
If someone built a unit that was as stable, elegant and feature rich as my Sonos with killer sound quality they'd own the market
(30-Sep-2014, 05:24)ErikM Wrote: If someone built a unit that was as stable, elegant and feature rich as my Sonos with killer sound quality they'd own the market

A clear indication that Sonos themselves should do it, even if it means marrying their proprietary technology to someone else's audiophile circuitry.
(30-Sep-2014, 08:22)fraserhadden Wrote:
(30-Sep-2014, 05:24)ErikM Wrote: If someone built a unit that was as stable, elegant and feature rich as my Sonos with killer sound quality they'd own the market

A clear indication that Sonos themselves should do it, even if it means marrying their proprietary technology to someone else's audiophile circuitry.

I agree: an "audiophile" Sonos Connect would be a great addition to the range. They could simply get someone else to design it for them. Given that there are some very good Sonos upgrades around (e.g. Wyred4Sound and Fidelity Audio), there's obviously a (small) market for this kind of thing. They'd have to be a bit careful about the marketing, so as not to make the standard Connect look too inferior.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London

I'd be absolutely delighted, but equally surprised, if Sonos do this. They seem to have their eye firmly on the higher-volume market and for better or worse I expect they see potential revenue from an "audiophile Connect" as a small drop in the ocean. Although the recent mention of hi-res support might hint differently?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Yeah Sonos will never do it.. but it sure would be sweet..

I'd be absolutely delighted, but equally surprised, if Sonos do this. They seem to have their eye firmly on the higher-volume market and for better or worse I expect they see potential revenue from an "audiophile Connect" as a small drop in the ocean. Although the recent mention of hi-res support might hint differently?
[/quote]
(30-Sep-2014, 12:32)Jwg1749 Wrote: I agree: an "audiophile" Sonos Connect would be a great addition to the range. They could simply get someone else to design it for them. Given that there are some very good Sonos upgrades around (e.g. Wyred4Sound and Fidelity Audio), there's obviously a (small) market for this kind of thing. They'd have to be a bit careful about the marketing, so as not to make the standard Connect look too inferior.

There's a very good sounding Dutch modification of the Sonos Connect on the market as well: http://www.magnahifi.com/index.php/en/

I do possess one and I can tell you: it's sounding great on my D250
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(02-Oct-2014, 15:56)Charlemagne Wrote:
(30-Sep-2014, 12:32)Jwg1749 Wrote: I agree: an "audiophile" Sonos Connect would be a great addition to the range. They could simply get someone else to design it for them. Given that there are some very good Sonos upgrades around (e.g. Wyred4Sound and Fidelity Audio), there's obviously a (small) market for this kind of thing. They'd have to be a bit careful about the marketing, so as not to make the standard Connect look too inferior.

There's a very good sounding Dutch modification of the Sonos Connect on the market as well: http://www.magnahifi.com/index.php/en/

I do possess one and I can tell you: it's sounding great on my D250

Welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

Can you tell us about the rest of your setup?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Oct-2014, 16:15)GuillaumeB Wrote: Welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

Can you tell us about the rest of your setup?

Guillaume

I just edited my signature wich is showing most of my setup. My D-250 is upgraded from a D-1, wich was quite an improvement. I forget to mention a Sony DAT recorder, > 25 years old, but still is doing well. Just for sentimental reasons, you know.

My CD-player is collecting dust, after I ripped my collection to a NAS. I'm mostly streaming from a supersilent and fannless HTPC in a Streacom housing with Windows 8.1, JRiver and Qobuz app installed. My iPad with the Remote app for JRiver and with the Splashtop app to get access to the HTPC and the Qobuz app.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Hey Karel, welkom hier! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hi Antoine, Nice to meet again. I'm still following your postings with great interest.
Amsterdam NL