Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sound Difference FW 13.2
Well, being able to use phono with some room correction is for sure an upgrade sound-wise (where with digital this was already possible using Roon)
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
Wink 
(07-Oct-2020, 08:48)alphafox Wrote: Now that I managed to create a new config file from scratch with the right SAM profile, I have to confess I am not noticing any sound difference.

Nevertheless, the Room EQ feature seems interesting and I'll investigate the possibility to use it. What would be the best software package you would recommend?

Room EQ Wizard
You will also need to connect a microphone to your computer. Any microphone will do, as you will only be trying to detect peaks and lows.

(But this should be a whole new thread, unless there is already one)

The "Wizard" (or REW for short) comes with a steep learning curve and all the oddities of a Java App, but it's cross platform and once you get comfortable with it, it's a lot of fun. 
AS IS Devialet's Sweet Room Package!!!
(though as usual I can't understand why Dev doesn't let us send the configuration file via ethernet. this SD card thing is driving me mad Blush )

I Have spent the good part of a day on it, and I am pretty pleased with the result, as it seems I have managed to dampen 3 annoying peaks between 40 and 80 Hz. Very happy with it so far....

Quick Intro here:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...-part-1.4/
Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub
(08-Oct-2020, 18:54)yanc Wrote: why Dev doesn't let us send the configuration file via ethernet

What happens if you remove the SD card with the amp running, edit EQ settings and re-insert the SD card? Does it apply the new settings?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
The recent update really changed my system for the better. The bass is much tighter and there's better separation and clarity. I know some of you haven't noticed anything but on my system it's plainly evident. I checked with Mathieu at Devialet and he said the update shouldn't have had any effect on SQ. The acid test: after playing a track that both my wife and I knew quite well, she asked me whether I had tweaked the system!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
I really got absolutely the same impression.
Any other feedback from Mathieu on further bug fixes or new features like Tidal connect ?