Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark 1.6.3 and DOS 1.8.1 have been released!
New versions have been released. Installing now. Here are the release notes and the download links.

http://releasenote.dvlt.io
http://en.devialet.com/phantom#app-spark/

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Optical Input issue on Dialog does appear rectified !
They haven't fixed the streaming quality bug in Tidal. That is really annoying, customer service claimed a month ago that the the bug was fixed and just waiting for a release.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(20-Sep-2016, 17:07)ragwo Wrote: They haven't fixed the streaming quality bug in Tidal. That is really annoying, customer service claimed a month ago that the the bug was fixed and just waiting for a release.

What do you exactly mean? I opened Spark and checked. It is set to "Best format available". Are you sure that this is not HiFi with a TIDAL HiFi Account? ....

OK. I tried the following. I logged out of TIDAL and then logged in again. Now I was able to select "HiFi - FLAC" Smile

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
I have not noticed the soundquality bug before. When I'm on my Spark-app on the phone, and log out of Tidal and log on again, I have the option to change the quality to Flac, but if I open up another app and return to the Spark app again, the quality is back at 320 kbps again.

Fu**ing annoying!
Yeah, and when I click on the Spark link, I get a webpage in Chinese with no clickable .exe link.  When I click on the "Language" arrow in the upper right-hand corner for English, I get a 404 error (http://en.devialet.com/404-page-non-trouvee-zh-cmn/) in Chinese.
(20-Sep-2016, 17:55)B1aze Wrote: I have not noticed the soundquality bug before. When I'm on my Spark-app on the phone, and log out of Tidal and log on again, I have the option to change the quality to Flac, but if I open up another app and return to the Spark app again, the quality is back at 320 kbps again.

Fu**ing annoying!

Really weird. You are right Sad

I have now tried this. I disabled/enabled TIDAL on every device that has Spark installed (it then reversed to "HiFi"). That worked for a while but then it reversed back to "Best available". This seems to happen once the App was closed. However, dis-/enabeling seems to do the job a little quicker than entering the credentials. Why is it so difficult to fix this?

When choosing best format available, you get AAC 320, not FLAC according to customer service. I had a long conversation with them regarding this bug and they definitely claimed that a bug fix was ready for release.
My Phantom Voyage
(20-Sep-2016, 17:07)ragwo Wrote: They haven't fixed the streaming quality bug in Tidal. That is really annoying, customer service claimed a month ago that the the bug was fixed and just waiting for a release.

Was this before August 25? It looks like the MacOS version dates from August 25, almost a month ago. Takes them long to have a version released on IOS. They release their versions always when the IOS update appears in the App Store.
(20-Sep-2016, 19:11)streamy Wrote:

Was this before August 25? It looks like the MacOS version dates from August 25, almost a month ago. Takes them long to have a version released on IOS. They release their versions always when the IOS update appears in the App Store.
Yes, I spoke to them in the beginning of August. The Android version of 1.6.3 dates back to August 29.
My Phantom Voyage