Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark and Tidal issue?
(27-Aug-2021, 14:06)Lambert Simnel Wrote: My conclusion is that Tidal have changed some security protocol on their end, and expect Devialet to do the same with Spark - which of course they won't as they've made it clear that they wont be updating the s/w any further. 

I guess DOS v2 upgrade, here I come.  Anyone got a view on the best option for streaming Tidal to DOS v2 Phantoms?

Not the cheapest option but probably the best is to use Roon. The Phantoms are Roon Ready devices and RAAT is a good and network friendly way for streaming content in the best resolution to a device that is Roon certified. And the Phantoms are. Alternatively, I would use a Raspberry Pi with an optical output add-on like the hifiberry Digi line. There are a number of free or low-cost applications that have implemented Tidal to be streamed.
(27-Aug-2021, 16:20)streamy Wrote:
(27-Aug-2021, 14:06)Lambert Simnel Wrote: My conclusion is that Tidal have changed some security protocol on their end, and expect Devialet to do the same with Spark - which of course they won't as they've made it clear that they wont be updating the s/w any further. 

I guess DOS v2 upgrade, here I come.  Anyone got a view on the best option for streaming Tidal to DOS v2 Phantoms?

Not the cheapest option but probably the best is to use Roon. The Phantoms are Roon Ready devices and RAAT is a good and network friendly way for streaming content in the best resolution to a device that is Roon certified. And the Phantoms are. Alternatively, I would use a Raspberry Pi with an optical output add-on like the hifiberry Digi line. There are a number of free or low-cost applications that have implemented Tidal to be streamed.

Thanks - will have a look. An old work colleague rated Roon highly, so I had thought I might go that route if I was forced to go to DOS v2
Before going down the DOS2 route and Roon have you considered using a UPnP App like Mconnect?

I was using this for Qobuz UPnP streaming to my Phantoms on DOS1 and it was very successful.
Mconnect offers integration into Tidal too so you can download the free “light” version and try it. I think the light version doesn’t play the entire album or track from memory. I know once I found it worked fine I paid for the full version.
Worth exploring anyway. The only reason I have stopped using Mconnect is that I now use the Innuos Sense app and UPnP beta plugin.good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(27-Aug-2021, 17:33)steve_denney Wrote: Before going down the DOS2 route and Roon have you considered using a UPnP App like Mconnect?

I was using this for Qobuz UPnP streaming to my Phantoms on DOS1 and it was very successful.
Mconnect offers integration into Tidal too so you can download the free “light” version and try it. I think the light version doesn’t play the entire album or track from memory. I know once I found it worked fine I paid for the full version.
Worth exploring anyway. The only reason I have stopped using Mconnect is that I now use the Innuos Sense app and UPnP beta plugin.good luck!

Cheers - will give that try.
Other thing to mention if you haven’t used UPnP before is to turn the renderer option on for Dialog first otherwise mconnect will not be able to see your room.

(27-Aug-2021, 17:33)steve_denney Wrote: Before going down the DOS2 route and Roon have you considered using a UPnP App like Mconnect?

Seems to be working! 

Mconnect Lite on my Android phone allows me to log into Tidal and offers a playback option to my Phantom config as set up in Dialog.  So far no adverts, no breaks etc.  though I am just playing from a pre-existing Tidal playlist I set up some time ago.  The Mconnect Lite app suggests that I need the full app for "Track sorting, folder bookmarking and remembering renderer".  

I've tried additionally installing on Bluestacks on my PC but the Mconnect Lite couldn't see the Dialog configuration.  Local network permissions maybe.
Glad to hear it is working for your Phantom setup. Mconnect does have regular updates so it seems to keep up with changes done by Qobuz and probably Tidal too.
I can’t comment on your other connection issue as have no experience in that but hopefully someone else on here might. Good luck!

I'm having the same issues that I can't log in. But I can't update my phantoms to dos 2 sadly..