Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark not reading iTunes files
Has anyone experienced the phenomenon of Spark reading some iTunes files and others being grayed out and marked 'not readable,' even though both sets of files were recently purchased from iTunes, and should be the same bit rate, format, everything?  I tried contacting Devialet, but they have yet to get back to me on my ticket.  If anyone has any wisdom, many thanks for sharing.
Huh
(14-Sep-2015, 20:00)Eggman Wrote: Has anyone experienced the phenomenon of Spark reading some iTunes files and others being grayed out and marked 'not readable,' even though both sets of files were recently purchased from iTunes, and should be the same bit rate, format, everything?  I tried contacting Devialet, but they have yet to get back to me on my ticket.  If anyone has any wisdom, many thanks for sharing.
Huh
Are any of those tracks you can't play in iTunes Cloud? Apparently Spark can't access content that is in your library but not downloaded to your machine.
No, they're all on my iPad. In fact, I deleted them and reloaded them on a new playlist just to make sure they were there. When I look at the files in iTunes, the upper right hand corner shows a device, not a cloud, and yet Spark can't see them. Very disappointing.
(15-Sep-2015, 06:48)Eggman Wrote: No, they're all on my iPad.  In fact, I deleted them and reloaded them on a new playlist just to make sure they were there.  When I look at the files in iTunes, the upper right hand corner shows a device, not a cloud, and yet Spark can't see them.  Very disappointing.

Are they songs with DRM? There are still a few left on itunes store and I don't think Spark would be able to read DRM protected files.

My two cents.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(15-Sep-2015, 13:08)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(15-Sep-2015, 06:48)Eggman Wrote: No, they're all on my iPad.  In fact, I deleted them and reloaded them on a new playlist just to make sure they were there.  When I look at the files in iTunes, the upper right hand corner shows a device, not a cloud, and yet Spark can't see them.  Very disappointing.

Are they songs with DRM? There are still a few left on itunes store and I don't think Spark would be able to read DRM protected files.

My two cents.

Jean-Marie
Your two cents are valuable -- indeed, DRM was the culprit.  Thanks!
Does anyone still have this issue?
I do; I've checked my DRM - all good (none)
Rebuilt my iTunes library.
I still have a a lot of songs that are "Not Readable"
But... other are playable.

weird.

any idea?
(27-May-2016, 15:21)brantrocky Wrote: Does anyone still have this issue?
I do; I've checked my DRM - all good (none)
Rebuilt my iTunes library.
I still have a a lot of songs that are "Not Readable"
But... other are playable.

weird.

any idea?

This is a documented bug that will be fixed in the next version of Spark.
I got DRM removal software and put all the problematic files through it. Fixed the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk