Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Speaker Cables
After my testing periode with Avondale Black link i moved on
Did buy a set of Blue Jeans Speaker cables type : Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, 6 1/2 foot, with Locking Bananas , black,after reading that some people with serious equipment do use this cables.
They cold weld the banana plug on ,really good quality
Delivered on my doorstep in 4 days to the giga price of 137,-usd /delivered
This cables must be the best vfm ever ! IMO. They helpt me to take the decision to sell my original cables the Cubala Sosna Emotion to a guy in Sweden.

I still think about (want) a pair of Audience cables (AU24 SE) from the cable company,but so far im so happy with the Blue Jeans together with Devialet so they will be there for a while (if not for ever)

They are so cheap so i wish more in here would test them,and honestly it has made me think about the hole cable discussion and getting little unsure what to think
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
I'm using them. I bought them because I'm not sure how long my cables need to be once I set the system up in my newly built living room so they are meant to be sort of an interim cable that might be used as a baseline to test others with. But if you think about the twisted pair, cold weld and locking bananas then, in my view, there's probably not much that can be improved upon.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I tried the Blue Jeans Cables (both 10 AWG and 11AWG) because they rationally appeared to be all anyone would need. Unfortunately I've corrected that by listening to better cables (AudioQuest Castle Rock) in my case. The difference wasn't subtle and I couldn't rationalize my way around what my ears heard. The Blue Jeans are very well priced though, and excellent for the money (way better than the zip cord or Monster Cables I had before them for example). Enjoy them. I wish we could all try five pairs of cables from the Cable Company lending library then decide with our ears, but that's too expensive for me.
(18-Feb-2016, 15:42)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(18-Feb-2016, 15:27)Dr Tone Wrote: Normally I have a near impossible time telling the difference between cables but I must say the the analog cables with network boxes specifically Transparent sure can help voice a system.

I have a set of Gen 5 Super speaker cables between my D200 and Focal 1028BE on trial right now.  They sure relax the Focal's in a good way.

I agree - Gen 5 are terrific speaker cables.

Guillaume
I use Transparent MM2 Reference bricks (with The Wall Premium in-wall cables). I'm wondering if Gen5 Reference Bricks will be a significant upgrade?
yea but I moved from cables to the price of 40 times higher at least Smile
And I was thinking of just buying the Blue Jeans as a cover for a period ,that also since the price was affordable that way
Had already set my mind up to this Audience cables (AU24 SE) from the cable company

But after using them for some weeks I have problems with using more money on speaker cables
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 

(26-May-2016, 03:20)Saint0 Wrote:
(18-Feb-2016, 15:42)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(18-Feb-2016, 15:27)Dr Tone Wrote: Normally I have a near impossible time telling the difference between cables but I must say the the analog cables with network boxes specifically Transparent sure can help voice a system.

I have a set of Gen 5 Super speaker cables between my D200 and Focal 1028BE on trial right now.  They sure relax the Focal's in a good way.

I agree - Gen 5 are terrific speaker cables.

Guillaume
I use Transparent MM2 Reference bricks (with The Wall Premium in-wall cables). I'm wondering if Gen5 Reference Bricks will be a significant upgrade?

'Fraid so!  Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I moved my system around and ended up temporarily using some inexpensive locally made speaker cables, and I was quite happy with the sound. I then put my old Crystal Cable Reference speaker cables back in the system and quickly realised that my system had sounded broken with the cheaper cables - this was actually bitter/sweet as I had planned to sell the Crystal!
WTL TT / HP laptop (JRiver) / Devialet 400 / Marten Django / Crystal Cable

Sydney Australia
Hi everyone,

I am new to Devialet. I have had a DE 200 for a couple of weeks.
My speakers are Australian made Lenehan ML2 Reference which are very neutral and transparent.
There is probably no chance these will ever get Samed unless they do another tour and i can get to a store...

I have tried some Neotech NES 3001, some cheap Mogami W3104, some Ribbon Teks an some Tempo Electric Soft Temper pure pure silver 10AWG.

With Neotech the vocals are recessed and soft for my liking but the bass is powerful and deep. With the Mogami everything sounds kind of dirty, they are not as clean sounding as the other cables. The Ribbon Teks are excellent in the mid range and highs although they add a strange veil to some vocals and i definitely want more bass than they let through. So far the Tempo Electric gives me the best balance. The clarity, detail and smoothness across the whole frequency range is just fabulous. I thought they would be too bright sounding but i am happy to say they just sound great.

I have to spend more time with each cable hooked up but that is my experience so far..

Once i establish my base line best i will keep it and then occasionally try other cables to see if there is any improvement..

I just don't get why some folks insist they can't here differences between cables..the differences i have described above are very very obvious.

I also had very different results with the cables when used with my Accuphase E 360 Integrated. The Mogami still sounded the worst though.

I have enjoyed reading through the thread and looking for other cables to try.
Saunter

I have a pair of ML3Ref's (new pair got from Mike 2 months ago), so nice to see a couple of Lenehan Audio guys on Devialetchat.

I also have some Ribbontek speaker cables, with mine being the newer wider version (got some from Mike about 9 months ago). Have some Greg Osborn Datalink speaker cables and to be honest don't really notice a big difference in sound, but there again I haven't done any critical listening with either via music.

A couple of photos attached which mostly show the speakers, but you can partly see the Ribbontek in the 2nd & 3rd photos

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Would recommend audition of Audioquest Wild, or even REL.  I have Wild with system listed below.  I hear no artifacts or emphasis at any point.  They seem to be a clear window on the signal and nothing more.  They are stiff, but most of us seldom move our cables, and the occasional inconvenience is worth it to achieve this level of performance.
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.