Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify Connect query
I am considering moving from 120 to 140CI but would like to understand more about how Devialet have implemented Spotify Connect.

Specifically, does the Expert need to have its input set to Spotify first in order for Spotify Connect to work?  Or, with the Expert set to any other input, when you launch Spotify on your device, can you select the Expert and the Expert will automatically switch to Spotify input?
(15-May-2019, 12:21)0rangutan Wrote: I am considering moving from 120 to 140CI but would like to understand more about how Devialet have implemented Spotify Connect.

Specifically, does the Expert need to have its input set to Spotify first in order for Spotify Connect to work?  Or, with the Expert set to any other input, when you launch Spotify on your device, can you select the Expert and the Expert will automatically switch to Spotify input?
The Expert Pro does NOT need to have its input set to Spotify in order for Spotify Connect to work.  When you launch Spotify Connect, simply select the Expert 140 Pro as an output device and the Devialet will automatically make the switch.  I've done this many times in the recent week with my Expert 220 Pro and it works flawlessly. 

By the way, I was amazed at how good Spotify premium sounds directly via Devialet.  Previously I had used a Bluesound Node 2 connected to my previous Devialet unit -- a 200 -- and the direct method is leagues better.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Many thanks!
Presumably the same applies for switching back to Roon?
(15-May-2019, 13:08)0rangutan Wrote: Many thanks!
Presumably the same applies for switching back to Roon?

Yes, when playing Spotify Connect you may revert to Roon and the Devialet will make the switch.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Fantastic - many thanks.
(15-May-2019, 13:22)0rangutan Wrote: Fantastic - many thanks.

Glad to help.  I guess you know that you need a premium Spotify account to make this work.  Good luck!
(15-May-2019, 13:33)Flashman Wrote:
(15-May-2019, 13:22)0rangutan Wrote: Fantastic - many thanks.

Glad to help.  I guess you know that you need a premium Spotify account to make this work.  Good luck!
Just for info, with the CI version of Devs you can stream Spotify (non Premium) via Airplay. In Spotify you can select Airplay devices and, certainly in my case, my Devialet is recognised so you can "cast" straight to the Devialet via Airplay. SQ is not too bad, but have not got Spotify Premium, so can not comment on differences in SQ between the basic, free, Spotify via Airplay or  Spotify Premium via the Devialet direct Spotify connection.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK