Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo pair does not work after DOS2 upgrade.
I am using 2 Phantom Gold and Dialog. I was connecting using Wifi / PLC.
It used to be very good before. For music, I used Tidal using Spark. The TV was using an Optical Cable connected to Dialog.

I am having a very difficult time upgrading to DOS2 this time.

Now I have an Ethernet cable connected to the speaker.

1. Stereo Pair Problem

All sounds are from one side only.

There is sound only from the left speaker and no sound from the right speaker. After resetting the factory, I tried connecting the Optical Cable to the Right speaker.

Then Airplay only sounds from the left speaker, and TV-Optical Out sounds only from the right speaker.

Bluetooth, Optical, Airplay, UPNP Whatever you do, only one side comes out.

Not from the beginning, but from a few days ago. I reset the factory and reconnected, but it still doesn't solve the problem.

Both are recognized as normal in the app, and the beep sounds even when the test button is pressed.

How can I solve it?

Initially, Airplay and UPNP came out well in stereo, but when playing Optical (TV Out), only one side of the speaker came out.

The same applies to TV-Optical Cable-Dialog and TV-Optical Cable-Right Phantom.

Originally, like the DOS 1 version, is it normal for DOS2 to make a sound from both sides even if a TV-Optical Cable-Right Phantom is connected?
Are both speakers connected by ethernet? To the same switch? Can you verify that both speakers have an IP address in your network?

Probably silly questions, but anyway... I do not have Phantoms so I would not know further details.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I suggest to push 7seconds on etch a configure....
It's not solved perfectly, but it solves the problem. When I disconnect the ethernet cable, I hear a stereo sound. When the Ethernet cable was connected, I checked that the IP was assigned well. The two speakers were connected to the same network with an Ethernet cable, but they were not connected to the same hub, but to different hubs.

When I disconnected the Ethernet cable, the sound came out with stereo even with the optical cable connected to the right speaker on the TV.

However, since the Ethernet cable provides better sound quality, I would like to solve it.
(23-Mar-2020, 04:05)fribirdz Wrote: However, since the Ethernet cable provides better sound quality, I would like to solve it.

You could, temporarily, connect both speakers with ethernet cable to the same switch. When you say 'hub' I hope it is a switch as the two are not quite the same even if they perform the same function....
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hve you tried to push the back button 7 seconds on each speaker and reconfigure.wi fi not eth?