Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo sync
Hi
DOS2 been working fine for my pair of classics for about month until suddenly today they are out of sync. Restart not solving. Both on firmware 2.8.3.
Any suggestions on how to solve?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-Dec-2019, 13:46)tsmithpam Wrote: Hi
DOS2 been working fine for my pair of classics for about month until suddenly today they are out of sync. Restart not solving. Both on firmware 2.8.3.
Thanks

Ask Devialet Support for an firmware upgrade to 2.8.5. It's a fix for synchronization issues.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(07-Dec-2019, 14:14)ragwo Wrote:
(07-Dec-2019, 13:46)tsmithpam Wrote: Hi
Thanks

Ask Devialet Support for an firmware upgrade to 2.8.5. It's a fix for synchronization issues.

Thanks
Do you know how long they take for this?
Thanks

They responded to my request within a day and had the new version pushed after just a couple days (and that was during Thanksgiving week). It seems to work best if you use the Devialet App to open the case
(07-Dec-2019, 17:13)diamar Wrote: They responded to my request within a day and had the new version pushed after just a couple days (and that was during Thanksgiving week). It seems to work best if you use the Devialet App to open the case

same problem for me and asked support 2-3 days ago through the App. The CS have not responded yet.
Anyway after one evening out of sync, my two Golds seem to have gone back to normal playing, possible? They were clearly out sync for one single evening. Still waiting for 2.8.5 to be pushed.
Thanks
Mine have now also got back in sync after a complete unplug and restart of everything including the router!

Took an age to find both phantoms in the set up however so was worried for an hour I’d have no music at all.

Problem now is my remote won’t sync back so need to use the app to control volume. Annoying.

Got a holding email back with ticket ID so guess I just wait for a reply beyond this.

(07-Dec-2019, 18:10)tsmithpam Wrote: Thanks
Mine have now also got back in sync after a complete unplug and restart of everything including the router!

Took an age to find both phantoms in the set up however so was worried for an hour I’d have no music at all.

Problem now is my remote won’t sync back so need to use the app to control volume. Annoying.

Got a holding email back with ticket ID so guess I just wait for a reply beyond this.

Strange.  Judging by the posts on this forum most people who have experienced the sync/balance problems have had the symptoms appear more-or-less directly after the upgrade making one think they were hardware revision-specific.  It seems to be the case that there are quite a few different hardware revisions of Phantom out there:
  • Some (apparently very early units) that can't even be upgraded to DOS 2
  • Some (including seemingly recent vintages) that are on 2.8.1 and not being pushed higher releases
  • Some (like mine) that are on 2.8.3 and seemingly completely stable
  • Some that have had balance/sync problems and have been pushed 2.8.5 (which appears to solve them)
However this is the first case I remember seeing where a previously stable configuration on 2.8.3 "suddenly" starts playing up (did I understand you correctly?)

Hmmmm....
(07-Dec-2019, 20:25)struts Wrote:

Strange.  Judging by the posts on this forum most people who have experienced the sync/balance problems have had the symptoms appear more-or-less directly after the upgrade making one think they were hardware revision-specific.  It seems to be the case that there are quite a few different hardware revisions of Phantom out there:
  • Some (including seemingly recent vintages) that are on 2.8.1 and not being pushed higher releases
  • Some that have had balance/sync problems and have been pushed 2.8.5 (which appears to solve them)
However this is the first case I remember seeing where a previously stable configuration on 2.8.3 "suddenly" starts playing up (did I understand you correctly?)

Hmmmm....

Correct. At least this my case.

2.8.3 release was stable for a few days. I admit I was not having careful listening after the very first day. But as just installed, DOS 2 was acting without any issue. After one week I have noticed a sort of echo. I stayed in the listening position and then got closer to my pair of Golds. They were out sync and the delay is clearly present btw one the the other paired speaker. 
i have temporary solved it by rebooting but the problem popped  in again a second time. 

I could try and set the Dialog back in again in the network (now unplugged) but I doubt that is the solution. Waiting for Devialet to send the patch.
(07-Dec-2019, 20:25)struts Wrote:

Hmmmm....

Yep.
Stable and sounding great for a good while.

Suddenly today went out of sync randomly.
Rectified, but I guess temporarily. Stuffed up the volume remote though.

I think the stand-alone remote may play a role in causing the stereo synch issues, at least that was my best guess before they pushed the upgrade to me and fixed everything. Smile