Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereonet Devialet Article
"Inside Track: The Devialet Story" was posted today (21 June) on the stereonet site. Here's the link

David Price, the author, interviewed Pierre-Emmanuel Calmel. It's a basic 'we started there and are now here, but this is also interesting' type of piece.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
If I am reading that correctly. does it mean that Devialet owns Seprolec?
1000 Pro / Magico A5 / REL Studio III
(24-Jun-2022, 12:35)devianet Wrote: If I am reading that correctly. does it mean that Devialet owns Seprolec?

I do not think so!
Company profile:

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Well especially after reading and seeing the passion for innovation there was - sad to see Expert line got stuck where it is.
Expert series has fulfilled its purpose - to make a name for Devialet.

Now they are making some serious money with Phantoms - much more than most hi-fi companies. Great business plan.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(26-Jun-2022, 07:34)markush Wrote: Well especially after reading and seeing the passion for innovation there was - sad to see Expert line got stuck where it is.

What is wrong with Expert  ??  I'm missing nothing
(02-Jul-2022, 17:06)frenek Wrote:
(26-Jun-2022, 07:34)markush Wrote: Well especially after reading and seeing the passion for innovation there was - sad to see Expert line got stuck where it is.

That depends on the configuration you have. If you have more than one unit, then you are doomed. If you have only one unit, then it depends on how you use it and what features you have activated.
(02-Jul-2022, 19:39)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(02-Jul-2022, 17:06)frenek Wrote:

That depends on the configuration you have. If you have more than one unit, then you are doomed. If you have only one unit, then it depends on how you use it and what features you have activated.

Haven’t felt ‘doomed’ yet. Just enjoying the power of the dual mono.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Where (mainly Chinese) companies producing advanced audio components are advancing daily in introducing worthwhile new technology, Devialet appears to have stood still

One example is the poor handling of DSD material. Even an inexpensive DAC like FiiO can handle any resolution DSD recordings. With Devialet this has to be converted to PCM

Of course that might be the limitations of the chipset and design of the Expert which has gone as far as it can go without a major redesign
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Most of the DACs convert DSD to PCM internally anyways - and most of those who don't, still sound inferior compared with Devialet.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7