Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange message Air/MacOS
Thumbs Up 
I'm trying to download AIR to my Mac running latest Catalina 10.15, i've downloaded AIR but on install this message appears ;

This package is incompatible with this version of MacOS.
The package is trying to install content to the system volume, contact the system manager for assistance.

My pc skills are very low, I want to stream and digitise vinyl.
Has anyone compared D Premier to 140Pro sound wise.
I realise a 140pro will give me usb which can be used with Purevinyl, a lot easier than buying an ADC plus i'll get set up support. But sound quality trumps features for me.

Finally, on my Macair when I download configuration where I choose .txt, I only have option for .png or .png.txt which is confusing. I'm fine with configuring all settings but AIR is claiming hours of time and hoping for some help from owners with one or all of the above.

Thanks. Smile
Feickert Blackbird, AO pu7, Benz ebony L, Graham Phantom, Koetsu Rosewood sig', Tom Evans SRX, Apple MacAir, D Premier. Kef blades. 
I don't recommend you to try running Air on the beta of MacOS 10.15

I don't think it is compatible.

The latest version I would try to run is with is 10.14.x....

An other possibility if you are using Roon is to use the Roon embedded version of Air, in which case you don't have to install anything beyond Roon itself.

Cheers,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(13-Aug-2019, 13:48)Jean-Marie Wrote: I don't recommend you to try running Air on the beta of MacOS 10.15

I don't think it is compatible.

The latest version I would try to run is with is 10.14.x....

An other possibility if you are using Roon is to use the Roon embedded version of Air, in which case you don't have to install anything beyond Roon itself.

Cheers,
Jean-Marie

To be more precise, there is a fundamental change between previous versions of MacOS and 10.15, precisely in the layout of containers and files, explaing precisely the issue you are encountering.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Yes, 10.15 is going to cause havoc for many of us. For starters I don’t think it will run on my 2012 Mac Pro, which is otherwise just fine. Ugh.
Thank you for reply.

Downloads from configurator are ok with.png ,

Roon i've tried but can't work it out. Air x roon needs Devialet on my network and i've entered ssid & pword into configurator and updated D Premier but how do I know the D Premier is connected?

I've taken 14 day trial of roon , problem is inside settings > audio > networked , i don't have any device listed to enable. Mac is showing as the core and I can run Tidal via roon through the mac. All other settings like firewall and allowing app' to run are ok ... i read this on another thread. I've unistalled AIR too. I'm running the latest firmware for D Premier 10.1.0 i think it is.

I'm tempted to make a bold request for assistance from nearest Devialet dealer 20 miles away. I'm sure this must be simple to modestly capable individuals.
Feickert Blackbird, AO pu7, Benz ebony L, Graham Phantom, Koetsu Rosewood sig', Tom Evans SRX, Apple MacAir, D Premier. Kef blades. 
(13-Aug-2019, 15:29)phantomtides Wrote: Yes, 10.15 is going to cause havoc for many of us. For starters I don’t think it will run on my 2012 Mac Pro, which is otherwise just fine. Ugh.

Wish i'd hung off like I did when Mojave released. They don't make it easy to go back either once updated. 2012 should still be supported, mind you the D Premier has been cut adrift in a similar fashion. The air problems with D Premier were all over the internet which wasn't good for marketing but they've pulled a stroke of genius using 'phantom premier', each time i'm looking for help with D Premier air the only thing that appears on search relates to Phantom thereby hiding the nasty stuff from earlier in the decade.
(13-Aug-2019, 17:05)runforfree69 Wrote: Thank you for reply.

Downloads from configurator are ok with.png ,

Roon i've tried but can't work it out. Air x roon needs Devialet on my network and i've entered ssid & pword into configurator and updated D Premier but how do I know the D Premier is connected?

I've taken 14 day trial of roon , problem is inside settings > audio > networked , i don't have any device listed to enable. Mac is showing as the core and I can run Tidal via roon through the mac. All other settings like firewall and allowing app' to run are ok ... i read this on another thread. I've unistalled AIR too. I'm running the latest firmware for D Premier 10.1.0 i think it is.

I'm tempted to make a bold request for assistance from nearest Devialet dealer 20 miles away. I'm sure this must be simple to modestly capable individuals.
You should be able to check if the D was allocated a IP address by cycling through the screens on the D after a long press on the right button of the remote. 
One of the screen shall be labeled WiFi and if you have an IP address, a mask and a router address it means you are connected on your network. 
If if it says no IP address, then your first step is to properly get on you WiFi. 
Only then Roon will be able to see it and you need to enable it in Roon, going into settings and then audio. 

Cheers,
Jean-Marie
France
(13-Aug-2019, 12:13)runforfree69 Wrote: Has anyone compared D Premier to 140Pro sound wise?
I realise a 140pro will give me usb which can be used with Purevinyl, a lot easier than buying an ADC plus i'll get set up support. But sound quality trumps features for me.
First to say welcome to the forum, and it is great to see another person running a Devialet and KEF Blade. Shy

I have heard both the D-Premier and the 140Pro, but at different times and with different speakers so cannot really comment on a direct comparison.  Plus, I have never seen anyone who has performed a comparison between the two and reported their findings.  Maybe nobody has ever tried it?

What I can say is that I have heard the KEF Blade with the D-Premier, and for a long time I ran my Blades with the D240. (which later became a D250 after firmware update)  The D240/D250 is very similar to the D-Premier in terms of basic performance and sound quality, and is in my opinion a very good combination with the KEF Blade.  I was very happy when I was running this combination myself.  Before buying the D240, I had a demonstration of the D170 with the KEF Blade.  My thinking at the time was that the D170 was a lot cheaper and that it should be more than good enough to run the reasonably efficient Blades.  As things turned out, the D170 was not good with the Blades, the D240 seamed to run them fine, with powerful well controlled bass, but the D170 was terrible, the bass definition fell apart, it was not good to listen too.  I had to conclude that the D170 was just not powerful enough for the Blades, maybe a quirk of the four bass drivers, something in the impedance curve, I don't know, but the sound was poor.  I have never tried the Blades with a 140Pro, but based on what I do know from the D170 experience I would have serious concerns about if they would work or not.  You would need to actually try it before buying one.  To buy one on the hope it would work OK would just be too risky in my view.  I suspect that with relatively small easy to drive speakers that the 140Pro may well out perform the D-Premier in terms of clarity and absolute detail retrieval, but for something to drive the Blades, I would doubt it would be a good match.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi Jean-Marie,

Thanks again, i've located that info and it reads ... 'Zero wifi in' & 'wifi module turned off'. Is this something I can alter in configuations or is it a software issue?

Cheers,

William
(14-Aug-2019, 14:14)runforfree69 Wrote: Hi Jean-Marie,

Thanks again, i've located that info and it reads ... 'Zero wifi in' & 'wifi module turned off'. Is this something I can alter in configuations or is it a software issue?

Cheers,

William

Did you buy the D premier new or this is a second hand unit?

Originally the D premier did not have the WiFi card fit in and it was a user serviceable thing to do after...

Normally in the configurator you can enable or disable WiFi (for instance it is disabled for me because I'm only using Ethernet). If It is enabled in the configurator and it still reads Zero wifi in and wifi module turned off, then I would be inclined to think that your D Premier does not have the WiFi card in.

Jean-Marie
France