Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Stream with the new board
kompressor - have you got upnp software installed on you NAS? something like Asset 6 from dbpoweramp?
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
To add further detail, I've been able to set a static IP address with beta 12...
My nas is used for back up only so trying to stream from my innuos zen mini, for some reason the 220 is not showing up on my network and I think this is the problem, when it first came back after the upgrade it was on the network so I’m bemused why it’s not now. I didn’t try upnp when it came back.
(18-Feb-2018, 19:28)cereal killer Wrote: To add further detail, I've been able to set a static IP address with beta 12...

I'm not sure it's a good idea, given their own release notes for beta 12 state that fixed IP is not functional yet. I started with a fixed IP after the CI upgrade, and it worked for a while. But soon Devialet lost its connection to AIR. I changed to Dynamic IP, and the problem has not reappeared since.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
(17-Feb-2018, 04:56)baddog Wrote:
(16-Feb-2018, 21:36)kompressor Wrote: Tried that, something not right but am at loss to know what.

If you could post your Devialet ethernet settings and how your router is configured, someone will probably be able to help.

Information such as this:

Looking at the configurator DHCP is on, ADHOC is off.
(11-Feb-2018, 15:07)Axel Wrote:
(11-Feb-2018, 15:03)cereal killer Wrote: I use these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Postta-Gigabit-...790&sr=1-7
Have you tested these against, for example, Meicord or the very good quality, but not expensive Supra Ethernet Cables?
@KIBM, give the Supra cords a try, they are Cat8 and fully shielded, and to my ears sound better than the Meicord.

(19-Feb-2018, 00:35)AlexS Wrote:
(18-Feb-2018, 19:28)cereal killer Wrote: To add further detail, I've been able to set a static IP address with beta 12...

I'm not sure it's a good idea, given their own release notes for beta 12 state that fixed IP is not functional yet. I started with a fixed IP after the CI upgrade, and it worked for a while. But soon Devialet lost its connection to AIR. I changed to Dynamic IP, and the problem has not reappeared since.
Funnily enough i just checked the setting and its reverted back to DHCP
I'm on the fence of upgrading my D200 to a pro with CI hoping to solve all streaming issues. Even when I use Roon on a mac mini, it often has distortion sounding like an old radio losing signal.
I'm seriously considering a dedicated streamer like a Linn Akurate DS (into D200) to solve all this.

What do you think?
(12-Aug-2018, 01:24)roestano Wrote: I'm on the fence of upgrading my D200 to a pro with CI hoping to solve all streaming issues. Even when I use Roon on a mac mini, it often has distortion sounding like an old radio losing signal.
I'm seriously considering a dedicated streamer like a Linn Akurate DS (into D200) to solve all this.

What do you think?

@roestano There may be issues with your router and network or even how the Mac mini is connected to your network rather than the D200.  I have upgraded to the D220 CI, but I still had occasional problems until I replaced my router and physically connected the computer which is running my Roon Nucleus to the router.
@roestano There may be issues with your router and network or even how the Mac mini is connected to your network rather than the D200.  I have upgraded to the D220 CI, but I still had occasional problems until I replaced my router and physically connected the computer which is running my Roon Nucleus to the router.

Agreed on this. I stream wirelessly from my iMac to Devialet. I use a Asus RT-AC88u router. My streaming problems were resolved the minute I changed the router config to not allow wireless client prioritisation/fairness. With this setting in place, any wireless device on your network is throttled if it sends/receives more data than other connected devices.

Your problem may therefore very well be network related and a dedicated streamer may run into the same issues.

I wirelessly stream everything up to 24/192 without issues.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(12-Aug-2018, 08:18)Drifter Wrote: I wirelessly stream everything up to 24/192 without issues.

Interesting. May I ask how are you streaming 24/192 wirelessly? Are you using AIR?
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland