Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Stream with the new board
(12-Aug-2018, 08:18)Drifter Wrote: @roestano There may be issues with your router and network or even how the Mac mini is connected to your network rather than the D200.  I have upgraded to the D220 CI, but I still had occasional problems until I replaced my router and physically connected the computer which is running my Roon Nucleus to the router.

Agreed on this. I stream wirelessly from my iMac to Devialet. I use a Asus RT-AC88u router. My streaming problems were resolved the minute I changed the router config to not allow wireless client prioritisation/fairness. With this setting in place, any wireless device on your network is throttled if it sends/receives more data than other connected devices.

Your problem may therefore very well be network related and a dedicated streamer may run into the same issues.

I wirelessly stream everything up to 24/192 without issues.

There were times it worked ok, when I had a ETH-air direct connection to the Mac mini. The preferred network setting should be Ethernet on top of the list over the Wifi connection in the Mac.  But last time I tried this setting, the mac has a bad internet connection. Therefore I connected both via ethernet to a switch--->apple router. Also connected to this switch is my synology 718+ with a double eth connection. My hourly backup of my macbook, go to the mac mini over wifi.
fyi: there were some changes since my last working ETH setup.
1. I added a switch
2. I added a second router in a different room, both in bridgemode connected via ethernet. Reason for bridgemode is that my devices dont have to switch between routers when I am working in the garden.

Any suggestions on the router(s) settings and the whole setup? Would bridgemode be the bottleneck?