Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming from Tidal and NAS
I too recently acquired a Devialet & can't really believe that the Devialet Team don't have any kind of well Anything really regards a useful App.
The Devialet in theory should be an awesome 1 Box system if it had a half decent App for IOS/ Android like nearly all the other so called Audiophile brands do.
If Linn can have Kazoo which integrates Tidal, Quobuz & Spotify as well as a UPNP that can play from a NAS or even a USB HDD mounted into your router.
There's also Niam, Musical Fidelity, Arcam, Pro-ject to name but a few more companies who all seem to understand that having a decent App to go along with their streamers is kind of expected.

Why is the Devialet App so useless to say the least? As it's basically just a RC for volume & source changing options. If most of the other companies can integrate Tidal & Quobuz into their Apps why can't Devialet?
Plenty of us have been there done it regards running a 24/7 Media Server PC/ NAS while the smartphones became smarter & the Apps became better we moved away from having to do this thanks to Apps like Linn Kazoo etc...
I just see Devialet's approach of not upgrading their App to have any Networking functions really what so ever as a Big Mistake & could put people off who truly would like that 1 Box solution from sticking with Devialet.
We shouldn't really be Forced into taking backward steps to start running 24/7 PC'S or NAS's because to integrate Tidal & maybe Quobuz into a Devialet App it wouldn't be too hard from what I can tell... I'm also thinking that Tidal would welcome Devialet with open arms as it might get them more monthly subscriptions going too... So surely it would be a Win Win Win for us, Devialet & the streaming company/ companies .
Devialet just don't seem to get it Sad

Sorry to the OP for such a long post but I'm kind of in the same position as he is in that I'm currently having to hook my Linn DSM into my Devialet to get anywhere really & I don't think a better App with actual Network Integration is too much to ask for from Devialet Wink
1st= Linn Majik DSM/ iPad > Devialet D200 > Krell Resolution 1's > Townshend Isolation Platforms > Nordost moonglo Spdif & Transparent musicwave SpkRuns. /-/  2nd= Musical Fidelity M1CliC/ iPad > Arcam D33 > Linn Akurate Pre > TriActiv Linn LK140's > Linn Aktiv Keilidhs > Custom Granite double plinths > Solid silver RCA's all round, QED Reference Spdif & Nordost solar wind SpkRuns.
The Limetree is running all time by my Devialet Dealer.

That should help you
Oh yes great performance for an realy low price. Well done App too‘